login

For reporting issues with the OCNA site.
KnowsOpie
Re: login

Post by KnowsOpie » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:13 pm

I'm still unable to sign in to the main site using chrome, no issues signing in to the forums. All seems to work using Firefox. :|
Nutty as a Squirrel Turd

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:40 pm

I'm sure you have tried this but I have had a similar issue for years. I always fail on my first login attempt. A second try succeeds. Not using chrome but Maxton which many sites think is chrome. My solution is to have the site remembered and remain logged in. Note when I go to the site it auto logs in with no issue.if I clear the browser I go through the double login process.

KnowsOpie

Post by KnowsOpie » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:02 pm

Still no success.
Nutty as a Squirrel Turd

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:34 pm

Jim is on travel, so may not have been able to look into this. If you can log in via Firefox, it wouldn't seem to be something on this end. Have you cleared your temp files in Chrome?
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

KnowsOpie

Post by KnowsOpie » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:42 am

Yes, it all started when I deleted my browsing history on chrome. But I have tried signing in on another device that also uses chrome and unable to sign in there too, so it seems to be an issue with chrome.
Nutty as a Squirrel Turd

KnowsOpie

Post by KnowsOpie » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:25 am

I was able to log in the forums on my Kindle, but can't log in in on the main site.
Nutty as a Squirrel Turd

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:26 am

Manville Possum Hunters wrote:Yes, it all started when I deleted my browsing history on chrome. But I have tried signing in on another device that also uses chrome and unable to sign in there too, so it seems to be an issue with chrome.
How about this? Is your username and password already displayed in the appropriate boxes on chrome when you go to our site? It actually didn't work for me the first time, but when I cleared out those boxes and entered the info again, it worked.
ImageImage

KnowsOpie

Post by KnowsOpie » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:48 pm

I have tried that, just went back and tried again. Still can't sign in on the main site. Strange how the forums are not effected.
Nutty as a Squirrel Turd

Scout

Post by Scout » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:05 pm

Just tried logging in to opencaching.com (twice). Both times I got an error that my web browser wasn't accepting cookied. So, I came here to the forums and was allowed to log in. Then I went back to the main site and tried logging in (third time). That worked. Dunno what's going on, but something is screwed up.

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:26 pm

Well if you were on OPENCACHING.COM you were in the wrong place.... I think that actually redirects to Garmn right now anyway.
Some have experienced periodic difficulty as you can see above. Yes, something is screwed up but this and many other issues should be cleared up when the new PL code comes online.