All my hidden caches not shown from my profile

For reporting issues with the OCNA site.
Sabrefan7
Re: All my hidden caches not shown from my profile

Post by Sabrefan7 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:27 am

My two Guest Book caches are the ones that dont show up if you look at my "caches hidden" page

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:35 pm

Mr.Yuck wrote:A new development, if I look at our No.1 hider's profile, DudleyGrunt. He's supposed to have 61 caches hidden, but only 52 are shown.
I get the same thing. 61 hidden, but when I click to see them, it reports 52. I'll have to look more closely, but I didn't see my BITcaches, but there must be others note showing.

I'll try to get with Jerry and George. I don't have access to the coding stuff and I'm not sure if either will know how to fix. We may need to recruit help from the European site.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

RVRoadTrip
Site Admin

Post by RVRoadTrip » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:08 pm

This is not something I would know how to fix.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:32 am

Well, I was just trying to use it to look at all my hides at once. There is another way to do it that works. I guess put it way on the back burner as something for the European Dev's to look at when they get around to it. :mrgreen:
ImageImage

NativTxn
Site Admin

Post by NativTxn » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:39 am

When I look at my list, I don't see the events, BITs or Guest Books listed.
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:07 am

This is still an ongoing problem. BIT & Guestbook Will not show up when you look at either your own profile or another players.

Numerical Statistics of Created Caches (for me)

Total Number of Created Caches: 11 [Show]

Total Active Caches: 11 [Show]

When I click on my own profile it will only show that I created 9 not 11. The Guestbooks are missing. When I look at GOF's or Mr. Yuck's profile the BIT Caches and Guestbooks (in Yuck's case) are missing

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:31 am

I was just doing a state wide search. At the top of the page were it shows all the cache types. I noticed that they were not all in color, meaning the traditional types were in color (highlighted if that explains it better) but the podcast , deaddrop , guestbook, BITand letter box were not in full color. They were black and white. If you click on each individual icon you can make it turn into full color (highlight) or you can make it turn grey. It seems like you can make each type of individual cache active or not in your search. Now when I do a search for NY I can see 60 caches instead of just 43 . Every time I go back to seek a cache the last few are no longer highlighted. You have to click on them again. This did not fix the problem of the BIT and Guestbook caches not showing up in a players profile. I am wondering if this may be a cause for the problem though.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Sabrefan7 wrote:This is still an ongoing problem. BIT & Guestbook Will not show up when you look at either your own profile or another players.

Numerical Statistics of Created Caches (for me)

Total Number of Created Caches: 11 [Show]

Total Active Caches: 11 [Show]

When I click on my own profile it will only show that I created 9 not 11. The Guestbooks are missing. When I look at GOF's or Mr. Yuck's profile the BIT Caches and Guestbooks (in Yuck's case) are missing
Yeah, it does look kind of silly when you're in Gof's profile, and it says he has 33 hidden, and you click on the link, and it shows 3 hides. :D (He has 30 Bits and 3 traditionals). Obviously, as previously determined, the unique types of caches the OCNA team added that aren't on the other Opencaching network sites are the ones not showing.

I have to admit, I'm having a hard time following your 2nd observation. :mrgreen:
ImageImage

GOF

Post by GOF » Tue May 01, 2012 7:08 am

Well huh! I didn't even realize Yuck had a guestbook cache.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue May 01, 2012 8:28 am

I don't know what is going on. I searched for GOF and saw that he'd hidden 33, but when I click "Show All", I just get the 3.

Then, I went to "Seek a Cache" and saw that Guestbook, USB, BIT and Letterbox were unselected (B&W). I selected each, ran a search from my home Zip and noticed I got a full search result. Then, I went back to GOF's profile and figured I'd see everything. Wrong. I do searches on other users (cycleangela & nativtxn) and get the same type of results.

I'm going to try clearing my temporary internet files for OCNA, but if that doesn't work, I'll run it up the ladder and see what we can find out.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image