Problem Posting a Find

For reporting issues with the OCNA site.
NativTxn
Site Admin
Problem Posting a Find

Post by NativTxn » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:08 pm

I got a message from someone that went out to one of my caches. He said he had trouble logging it because he was getting a message the date format was not correct. He tried IE and Chrome and they gave him the problem. He finally got it to work on Firefox.

The cache is http://www.opencaching.us/viewcache.php?cacheid=936
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: Problem Posting a Find

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:41 pm

FYI - The problem turned out to be that IE and Chrome (don't know versions) were dropping the leading "0" in the month. Doesn't do that for me in IE9. At least we have something to keep in mind for future issues and to see if there is a way to resolve.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

sandhill6061

Post by sandhill6061 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:46 pm

Good reason to stick with FireFox.
Those that give up their freedom for security deserve neither Thomas Jefferson

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:41 am

sfcchaz has recently reported to me that this is still a problem in IE 10 / 11. I'm not sure which is doing it. I need to test from home and see what I get. I still don't see it on IE 9 when I try it on my office computer. I'd think that running it in "compatibility mode" should resolve the issue since that is supposed to run IE as if it were the earlier edition, but maybe if the problem exists in both 10 and 11 and you run OCNA in comp mode in 11, it treats it like 10, which is still a problem.

I use Chrome at home and have not had the issue with Chrome.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:08 am

DudleyGrunt wrote:sfcchaz has recently reported to me that this is still a problem in IE 10 / 11. I'm not sure which is doing it. I need to test from home and see what I get. I still don't see it on IE 9 when I try it on my office computer. I'd think that running it in "compatibility mode" should resolve the issue since that is supposed to run IE as if it were the earlier edition, but maybe if the problem exists in both 10 and 11 and you run OCNA in comp mode in 11, it treats it like 10, which is still a problem.

I was able to test in IE 10. When attempting to post a log, it asked me if I wanted to "Stay on Page" or "Leave the Page". Neither would allow me to post the log.

Stay on Page - kicks me back to the cache page without posting my log
Leave the Page - actually leaves me the log submission page, if I attempt to click "submit" for the log again, I get the same response.

If tell IE 10 to run OCNA in Compatiblity Mode, it works.

I'm not currently able to test with IE 11.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:42 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:
DudleyGrunt wrote:sfcchaz has recently reported to me that this is still a problem in IE 10 / 11. I'm not sure which is doing it. I need to test from home and see what I get. I still don't see it on IE 9 when I try it on my office computer. I'd think that running it in "compatibility mode" should resolve the issue since that is supposed to run IE as if it were the earlier edition, but maybe if the problem exists in both 10 and 11 and you run OCNA in comp mode in 11, it treats it like 10, which is still a problem.

I was able to test in IE 10. When attempting to post a log, it asked me if I wanted to "Stay on Page" or "Leave the Page". Neither would allow me to post the log.

Stay on Page - kicks me back to the cache page without posting my log
Leave the Page - actually leaves me the log submission page, if I attempt to click "submit" for the log again, I get the same response.

If tell IE 10 to run OCNA in Compatiblity Mode, it works.

I'm not currently able to test with IE 11.
Interesting. This is something that would have to be escalated to the OCPL people. I have seen "fixes for IE." in the source code of several files.

I *NEVER* use IE. Except when I stay on Military bases using public computers. Must be the official web browser of the U.S. Military or something. I do in fact remember having IE issues in Dayton, Ohio in the summer of 2013. I had no problems however this past April in both Ft. Dix and Ft. Story Virgina. And I did log a Philly OCNA virt from Ft. Dix. Several caches (here and the Frog) from the Ft. Story library. Stupid campground didn't have wifi. :mrgreen:
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:24 pm

I forgot last night, but will try again from IE 11 at home and see if at least the "compatibility mode" fix works.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:44 pm

I just tested with IE 11 and had no problem. Maybe IE 10 is the only issue. I'll have to ask sfcchaz to confirm which version he's using.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:49 am

I experienced no problems with IE 9 or IE 11.

For IE 10, I simply had to turn on Compatibility Mode for the site.

With the website open, simply go to TOOLS (IE drop down menu) and click Compatibility Mode (it will then have a check next to it).
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image