Setting Cache publish date/time

For reporting issues with the OCNA site.
TermiteHunter
Site Admin
Setting Cache publish date/time

Post by TermiteHunter » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:20 am

I haven't used this function since the early days of OCus but due to the unusually long delay of approval for a cache (thats another topic I should add but I'll mention it now, We have more reviewers but it takes longer to get approval even when I see them on the site with no visits to the cache page. Still faster than typical GC approval but prompt approval is something I tout as a benefit of OCus's smaller community)

Anyway..
I attempted to set the time of publication to 9 am on 2/2/13. ( current time app 11:50 am 2/1/13 Eastern) I set the cache to "ready for search" but the system said that they were in conflict or something like that. The only other options would indicate that the cache was unavailable at the time of publish.
I see that the time no longer mentions that it is GMT so what time is the site using? Has my 9 am 2/2/13 already passed here?
We need some reference for the time on the publication date/ time section being that we are in North America with multiple time zones.

I would suggest an east or west coast time zone that we could more easily work with and/or give us a conversion chart to use in the publish cache section

While I'm here there are again spammers still posting on the forum. Most for NFLJerseys. Look around you will find them mostly in the region sections.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: Setting Cache publish date/time

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:36 am

I think this would have to be something for Coffee Peddlers to work or to coordinate with the Europe admins.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image