Quiz or Unknown Types

Have an idea for the site? Share it here.
NativTxn
Site Admin
Quiz or Unknown Types

Post by NativTxn » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:12 am

Could y'all add a "No Container" for these types? I submitted an Unknown one this morning that is a Challenge type and there won't be an actual log to sign, but you have to find caches on the 11th of each month. It's more of a Quiz or Unknown type more than it is a Virtual, but Virtuals are the only ones with "No Container".

Log a find today to get started on this quest! 1-11-11.
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: Quiz or Unknown Types

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:44 am

Interesting. I'll let Jerry reply with his thoughts, but this would allow for a national Challenge cache that wouldn't depend on you living in a particular place to go find a physical bonus cache.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

RVRoadTrip
Site Admin

Post by RVRoadTrip » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:09 pm

At first I was not going to approve the cache in question, but after reading it over a few times, it intrigued me so I approved it. I would like to address caches like this on a case by case basis and allowing "no container" to types other than virtual isn't something I want to do at this point.

NativTxn
Site Admin

Post by NativTxn » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:28 am

Could we maybe make a TYPE for Challenge caches and have them be able to have No Container? It sure would make it easier to look these types up. I have a couple more in mind that I'd like to submit. If someone up in the Northeast completes a challenge, then I wouldn't expect them to make it all the way to Snook, TX just to sign a log in order to claim it.
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:19 pm

While most challenge caches on GC.com have a physical container, since we're newer and have fewer members, it's nice that anyone could end up logging the cache. I could see it being abused / overdone, but i like Jerry's idea of looking at them on a case by case basis.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image