New cache

Bound ID Tag Caching
Sabrefan7
New cache

Post by Sabrefan7 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:28 am

I am going to place 2 new caches in a near by state park. Both will be listed on GC one as a multi the next as a Bonus lsited as an unknown type. In the bonus I also want to place a BIT as a double bonus. Now I dont want to list the BIT at the correct corrds. So technically its an Unknown with a password. Do I list it first as a BIT so I can print it out then change the cache type to Unknown? Thoughts/Suggestions? :)

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Re: New cache

Post by TermiteHunter » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:45 pm

Don't know if that would work our not. I have added a bit to two caches.

One with identical coordinates as the cache listed on every Geocaching site except Terracaching. GC cachers rarely log the bit.

The other in a moving cache so the coordinates are always wrong.
I post the coordinates for the town the cache is currently in and reference the moving cache.

By the way, that one is near you now. Was in Rochester but I think it has made its way west but coordinates have yet to be posted
Sent from my HTC Wildfire S via Tapatalk

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:05 pm

You can actually print a BIT for any cache. I do think it should be a "Quiz" or "Other" OR list it as a BIT with the coords of the multi (or others) and VERY CLEAR statement that it IS NOT at the posted coords.

Mr.Yuck / NativTxn? What do you think?
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:12 am

I should had that a number of us have set up personal / moving BITcaches and have them listed as BIT's, but of course they're not generally at the listed coordinates.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:58 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:You can actually print a BIT for any cache. I do think it should be a "Quiz" or "Other" OR list it as a BIT with the coords of the multi (or others) and VERY CLEAR statement that it IS NOT at the posted coords.
I did not know you could do that. Makes it easier Thanks DG