Slighter - New Geolocation Photo Gaming App

Geocaching Software Discussion
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
Slighter - New Geolocation Photo Gaming App

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:30 am

It is in early Beta, but there is a new game for iOS and Android called Sighter. For those familiar with Shutterspot from GPSgames.org, it is very similar, but takes advantage of being a smartphone app.

Intro Video on YouTube

From the website...
Launch the app and immediately see tumbnails of interesting nearby sights like statues, gates, signs, doors, street art, etc. You can see the distance and direction, and when you get closer, it turns into an amazing hot-and-cold game. This way you can play hide and seek with interesting sights around you!

If you see something interesting, it's easy to turn it into a Sighter sight for others to discover. Just use the in app camera and let Sighter do its magic.
Of course, it is very new and they are looking for lots of feedback about potential improvements. Also, there will likely not be any near you until you place some and get someone else to try it out.

The developers are geocachers from Hungary and wanted something more city-friendly.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

NativTxn
Site Admin

Re: Slighter - New Geolocation Photo Gaming App

Post by NativTxn » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:32 pm

I have created several sites. There are none around me other than mine, so that tells me that no locals are using it yet. 160 miles is the nearest one for me to try to find, so it might be a while.
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website