Ethercache

Geocaching Software Discussion
NativTxn
Site Admin
Re: Ethercache

Post by NativTxn » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:59 pm

I heard the Ethercaches mentioned on the Podcacher MAPP show today. For those of you that don't know what MAPP show are, they are exclusive shows only sent out to supporting members. http://www.podcacher.com/
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:27 pm

And...Sonny and Sandy often have prize drawings during the Podcacher MAPP shows from the pool of supporting members, so you have a better shot at winning, as I found out yesterday. I have requested one of Sonny's Paracord bracelets (could be a life saving accessory).
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

stargatekrewe

Post by stargatekrewe » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Found Ether Quest over the weekend. It was a blast. First time I have used the app on the iphone. There isn't much to it. The app can definitely use a lot of improvement. I hope they add some more features as discussed in the reviews and also what it's competitor can already do (tagureworld.com). As TermiteHunter said, once your message is out there, then it just exists in the Ether. He doesn't own it anymore. Hence he cannot delete or modify it and as I discovered he had one typo. Not much you can do about it now? But I was able to easily compensate and this adventure truly felt like a scavenger hunt. It was a lot of fun. I didn't need wi-fi access with the iphone (3G is fine), but we discovered you don't get all of the message with just 3G. Fortunately, his full messages on wi-fi are more of an advertisement for OC as he originally tried to publish on GC. I highly recommend this cache and others like it. I just wish EtherCache was fully featured, but it is brand new, so maybe good things are yet to come.