Resurrected Trackables

GeoKrety, GeoFish, GeoCoins, Travel Bugs, etc.
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
Resurrected Trackables

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed May 25, 2011 9:18 pm

This morning, a coworker brought me a ziplock bag of trackables he found in his yard. He first spotted them about a week ago along the side of his house in Woodbridge, VA. At first, he left them, thinking someone might come along to get them when they realized they were missing.

The following items were in the bag, all of which were last logged into caches back in October / November of 2009 in Florida and Georgia. I've grabbed them all and will move along, once I contact the owners. If I don't hear from them in a reasonable time, I'll still go ahead and move them along. So far, I've heard back from on owner, who said that his son will be very glag to see it back in circulation.

Recovered items: The nearest listed cache is 0.2 miles a way, but it is a Puzzle, so I'm not sure where the final is, but my coworkers home is smack in the middle of a residential area, so I doubt it is adjacent to his house.

I believe I've been able to ID the person who most likely retrieved them, though he did not log one of the caches. I've sent him a note, but for now am thinking that he likely lost the bag of TB's at some point between 1.5 years ago and just recently.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Sabrefan7

Re: Resurrected Trackables

Post by Sabrefan7 » Thu May 26, 2011 4:43 pm

What an odd story Maybe my missing TB's will show up along the road next ;-)

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:25 pm

I just stumbled on this very strange story. It's been like a week, any updates?
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:50 pm

I released "Tiger" and "Homie's Diary" in a cache, just off post. They were picked by a cacher who'd seem my post on the Northern Virginia Geocaching Organization (NoVAGO) forums and taken out to western Maryland.

I also heard back from the owner of "TB FKG69M" and will be putting it out soon. Nothing from the owner of "OHH PARIS" or the MAGC geocoin.

I've also not heard anything back from the cacher who I believe had pulled the TB's from caches in GA and FL. He's also the one I had to grab the geocoin from - increasing my confidence he also had the TB's.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image