Prayers for Geocacher's 18 mo Daughter & Family

Keep it clean and civil!
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
Prayers for Geocacher's 18 mo Daughter & Family

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:06 pm

Falcon Loader's Daughter (Naomi)

Falcon Loader (Duke) was the first geocacher I met, after exchanging e-mails with him on a few of his caches. Mother Wolf (Dalene), who is the source of the updates, I'm getting, for now, is one of the best friends I've met through caching. FL is the founder of the Military Association of GeoCachers and MW is another very active member of MAGC.

Duke and Anne also have 4 other boys and one more on the way. They're a wonderful family and would really appreciate your prayers.

I neglected to share this here, yesterday, so am posting a summary of the updates I've gotten, so far.
Mother Wolf wrote: (Early yesterday morning - EST)

I dont have much info ATT but Dukes daughter is in Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at Childrens Hospital In DC. It looks like she will be going in for some form of brain surgery. As I said I am getting this info from Annes mother through Face Book.
Mother Wolf wrote:0830 - Monday

I just spoke with Duke. The baby is going in for surgery shortly. They found some spots on her brain in a couple of places. They are going to do a biopsy to see if this is cancer. Not much else is known ATT time. I will be going to the hospital to be with Duke & Anne & when I find out anything more I will post.
Mother Wolf wrote:Latest update: 1614hrs (Mon)

Naomi came through surgery with flying colors. They put in a shunt to help drain off some of the excess fluid that was causing pressure on her brain, pain & paralysis. They then took some tissue samples to biopsy. There are spots all across the top & back of her brain & down her spin some. They dont know if these areas are growing from her little brain out or growing in. Once they get the biopsy results back they will decide the next step. If it is malignant then they will start with chemo & some radiation.
Mother Wolf wrote:0815 update 12/21/10

Seems Anne & Naomi were able to get some much needed rest last night. Doctors did another CT around 0300 to check their work & were satisfied there was no bleeding or problems. Duke says that Naomi may be moved off of the ICU soon.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

glorkar

Re: Prayers for Geocacher's 18 mo Daughter & Family

Post by glorkar » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:42 pm

I don't know them, but something like that is always difficult to deal with. I wish them all the best of luck and a speedy recovery.
Opencaching.us Global Moderator
"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane"

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: Prayers for Geocacher's 18 mo Daughter & Family

Post by DudleyGrunt » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:48 am

She got to come home on Christmas Eve. She's doing well, but will be undergoing out patient chemo.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image