Fall Camping

Keep it clean and civil!
Coffee Peddlers
Site Admin
Fall Camping

Post by Coffee Peddlers » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:48 am

I had a football game last night so I lost one night of camping but I will be camping out tonight.. there is a GC event about an hour north of me so I'm going to go spread the OCNA word!! And find some OC caches along the way. Will be nice to have some finds to add to my hides :)

Here is the weather forcast for the area, God Bless Canada and all those crazy enough to cold weather camp.... oh and for extra points I'm sleeping in a tent with no air mattress.
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0282
Cheers
CP
Tackling Ontario's hiking trails one step at a time and now invading Michigan Trails as well.

Contra1971

Re: Fall Camping

Post by Contra1971 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:51 pm

dude you look like a gofer or beaver with your buck teeth
And Remember, It's Not About Having What You Want, It's About Wanting What You Have

Coffee Peddlers
Site Admin

Post by Coffee Peddlers » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:45 pm

my pic is a beaver dressed in hockey gear.
Cheers
CP
Tackling Ontario's hiking trails one step at a time and now invading Michigan Trails as well.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:18 pm

I'm camping the weekend of 10/8 for the Maryland Geocaching Society Fall Picnic and again two weeks later with our scouts for "Webelos-O-Ree", where it is nearly guaranteed to rain. Appropriately enough, our troop usually teaches shelter building.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:21 pm

Coffee Peddlers wrote:my pic is a beaver dressed in hockey gear.
And a good pic it is (for a leafs fan :roll: ;) )

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:23 pm

We were going to get in one more weekend but called off because of the weather forecast ,,, then it was perfect all weekend of course :evil: Going to take a trip to PA in October but I think the camper will get winterized this weekend :(

Coffee Peddlers
Site Admin

Post by Coffee Peddlers » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:50 pm

I got my hunting lic this year and I am very tempted to jump into the Grand Cherokee and drive north until the roads end and than hike a couple days into the bush and fish and hunt for a couple days. IF and a big if for this year, if this happens than it will be likely November where temps will be around or just below freezing over night and around or just above freezing during the day.
Cheers
CP