Central PA

New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania

Moderator:Sabrefan7

Johmer and Tinks
Central PA

Post by Johmer and Tinks » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:28 am

Hey everyone. As far as I can tell, we are currently the only members of opencaching.us from Central PA. We've placed one OC so far, A Stroll in 100 (OU00BC), and plan on placing a few more in wilderness areas. We may place one "urban" cache that will allow us to do something that geocaching.com won't....but other than that, expect everything we place to be out in the woods!

I'm glad this site exists, but I'm really hoping that it doesn't turn into a vehicle for doubling up the caches in areas that are already completely saturated over on the other site. Only time will tell. I think it is our responsibility to keep that from happening on opencaching, so here's to high-quality cache placement! 8-)

If anyone else is on the site from Central PA and/or has plans for the area, let me know!

Sabrefan7

Re: Central PA

Post by Sabrefan7 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:45 am

Welcome to OCUS! I have looked at your cache. Looks like a good one and comes recommended by 2 cachers from WNY :!:

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:47 am

Johmer and Tinks wrote: I'm glad this site exists, but I'm really hoping that it doesn't turn into a vehicle for doubling up the caches in areas that are already completely saturated over on the other site. Only time will tell. I think it is our responsibility to keep that from happening on opencaching, so here's to high-quality cache placement! 8-)
My feelings exactly

BlueStone

Post by BlueStone » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:39 pm

Hear, here!

Lets see if OCUS can offer up quality caches, with out all the lame stuff, and bring cachers closer to what geocaching used to be like...
Its all up to us as hiders to help move this along.

GOF

Post by GOF » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:34 pm

If the caches listed provide a unique caching experience I don't particularly care if they coexist with caches from other sites near by. But if they are just another version of the same thing then no.

Footpower

Post by Footpower » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:08 pm

Hello from south central PA. Home of the classic cachers like CCC Cooper.
Just joined this site and placed a cache in York county. Nothing special I just want get a few caches out there moving toward higher quality caches.
Groundspeak name is Campdavid!
This to me looks like a better site than the other opencaching site. Plus I am here because I want quality geocaching with a free site.

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Welcome to OCNA. Thanks for joining :)

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:34 pm

Welcome, Footpower! I'm down south of Baltimore, so will be sure to get up to grab your caches some time.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image