Geokrety.org down for about 3 days??

GeoKrety, GeoFish, GeoCoins, Travel Bugs, etc.
Mr.Yuck
Site Admin
Geokrety.org down for about 3 days??

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu May 23, 2013 11:22 pm

You can see the date of this post, on a Thursday, and I think it's been down since about Monday. I was first clued into this, as my Geokrety banner here in the forums didn't work. At first, I thought maybe I broke something in the forums. :mrgreen: There is no announcement of this at Opencaching.pl either, as far as I can tell. Strange, to say the least.
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: Geokrety.org down for about 3 days??

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sun May 26, 2013 2:34 pm

Dang, it was actually down for 5 or 6 days! And there is no explanation at Geokrety.org or on Opencaching.pl. It's back now, and so is my Geokrety banner, which I'm sure you can see in this post.
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Mon May 27, 2013 9:23 am

Mr.Yuck wrote:Dang, it was actually down for 5 or 6 days! And there is no explanation at Geokrety.org or on Opencaching.pl. It's back now, and so is my Geokrety banner, which I'm sure you can see in this post.
I get the feeling I'm talking to myself here. :lol: A day later, there is an explanation on the main page of Geokrety.org:
"Thanks to" UPC, which is our network provider, we were four day off line. Fortunatelly, finally they were able to realize what happened and managed to fix it (but they even didn't say "sorry"). The positive news is that (apart that we are online again) we have now a better server which should help serve the content faster.
I would hope something like that never happens with this website!! We use the highly respected Rackspace.com, so I think we're probably good. Our site is mirrored every day at midnight central time, as well.
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue May 28, 2013 8:05 am

Agree. That would suck.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

corbingravely

Post by corbingravely » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:23 am

It is once again down I guess. I did not want this to happen in the start of the New Year. Why does this have to happen during a new year? This really frustrates me to the core. Well I hope things go fine pretty soon.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:57 am

corbingravely wrote:It is once again down I guess. I did not want this to happen in the start of the New Year. Why does this have to happen during a new year? This really frustrates me to the core. Well I hope things go fine pretty soon.
GeoKrety.org is indeed not down again. I repeat it is not down again. "Corbin Gravely" is a human spammer, who was trying to sneak in a signature with a spam link in it. The link has been removed, and he has been banned from the forum. Just a little example of how sneaky they try to be, and verification that everything is fine at GeoKrety.org. :D

P.S. the poor English is a dead giveaway also.
ImageImage