My mole-hole needs a partner in North America

GeoKrety, GeoFish, GeoCoins, Travel Bugs, etc.
Erlenzapfen
My mole-hole needs a partner in North America

Post by Erlenzapfen » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:09 am

I am looking for someone in North America who wants to maintain a mole-hole, geokret-hotel/motel with me. My mole-hole is located in Berlin, Germany. I want to maintain a mole-hole for all kinds of trackables like geokrets, travel-bugs, travel-cache etc. I do not care what kind of travel-item the fellow cachers will place inside the mole-hole, it'll be sent to your destination. Vice-versa you will have to sent the items from your cache-location to me. Its like a wormhole in the caching universe =)

My mole-hole is also the multi-cache-mystery-final of: "Star Wars Trilogy - Darth Vaders Odyssee - The Wormhole" N 52° 22.531' E 013° 38.994'
all the details you will find here, until now unfortunatly only in german, but i will provide a translation into english as good as i can asap:
http://www.opencaching.de/viewcache.php?cacheid=170352
The Cache itself is OC-only, wich means it is listed only on opencaching.de, but the mole-hole will be listed on platforms like geokrety.org too.

some more Informations about mole-holes from http://geokrety.org/molehole.php
GK mole-hole-system

Draft for basic recommendations for the GK mole-hole-system:
by Grimpel

The system is based on mole-to-mole (peer-to-peer) tunnels. A mole-hole-cache should have a single dedicated destination. A dedicated destination doesn´t mean a special cache - an arriving GK may appear in any cache within the destination area.
The tunnel should work in both directions. It takes two GK friends to run a tunnel. Each partner is running a mole-hole-cache, collecting the GK and sending them over to the other partner, who is spreading the incoming GK in his home zone.

The tunnel should cross a border or, if it is within a country, the distance between the mole-holes should be at least 500 km.
GeoKrets in a mole-hole are impatient, so no GK should wait longer than two months for transportation.
Each listing of a mole-hole-cache should include
a title "Mole-hole (specific name where the cache is located)" e.g. "Mole-hole Pomeranczarnia"
a subtitle "GeoKretExpress (departure area) - (destination area)" e.g. "GeoKretExpress Warszawa - Berlin"
a standard text, explaining the mole-hole-system (and maybe a link to geokrety.org/mole-hole-system?)
some information about the end of the tunnel (destination area, partner, partner-mole-hole-cache)
And probably detailed information about the mole-hole-cache and the neighbourhood, how to get there, hint, spoiler and so on.

So... would you like to play with me ?_?
plz contact via forum or private message, after that we can exchange email adresses

ps. 3 geokrets and one travel-bug are allready waiting to travel through the mole-hole :)
pps. sorry for my poor english, but i was the laziest schoolboy you can imagine :oops:

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: My mole-hole needs a partner in North America

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:38 am

I think I would be interested. That was quick, huh?

I am near Washington, DC which seems like a good companion city for Berlin. I might not place the cache IN Washington, but it'd be close enough to use as in the name / subtitle.

PS - I am also in the one of the more active OCNA areas have have a few other active players around, who might likely be happy to help some of the trackables on their way.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Erlenzapfen

Post by Erlenzapfen » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:06 pm

Thanks for this quick reply. In this case I think my task is fullfilled and I allready found what I have been looking for. Now I am eager to get this mole-hole-thing started =D

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:48 am

I didn't get a chance to hide the new cache, yet. Feel free to mail what you have and I'll get it out soon.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:10 pm

Erlenzapfen - I received my first shipment of trackables from you.

I have an idea and am wondering if you might think it was a good or bad idea.

I've been thinking of making a new movable cache (OCNA ONLY) that I would take to my events and such. It would also be a GC TB, similar to MAGC ammo can roll call, exept that it would remain in my possession.

This would keep the mole-hole safe and would give it more exposure to Groundspeak cachers vs a traditional OCNA ONLY cache.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:04 pm

From looking at the mole-hole page at GeoKrety.org, it looks like there doesn't even need to be a dedicated destination cache, per se. I hope my proposal will be OK with you.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:11 pm

My DC based end is now ready for review and should be published in a day or so.

Mobile Mole Hole - Washington, DC, USA
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image