Fun Website

Keep it clean and civil!
glorkar
Fun Website

Post by glorkar » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:56 pm

Every so often I like to go to The Wayback Machine and just plug in random sites. Kind of interesting to see the internet from 10 years ago :D
Opencaching.us Global Moderator
"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane"

Aveline

Re: Fun Website

Post by Aveline » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:49 am

OMG, I found my very old blog with fanfiction!

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:02 pm

Aveline wrote:OMG, I found my very old blog with fanfiction!
Thanks for stopping by Aveline, and jump starting some conversation around here. We get like 200 visitors a month, as this phpbb forum dies a slow death like all the others on the internet. :mrgreen: Oh yes, archive.org is awesome. I've lost count how many people I've told about it who were saying something like "I wish I could see ______" on the internet. Including, most recently, a local radio talk show host. Although I just emailed him, I didn't call into his show or anything.

Here's my first foray into web design, circa 1998; a fan website for an adult comic book. No, not THAT kind of adult comic book, I mean like goofy Family Guy type humor. Definitely wasn't made for kids.
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:49 am

I remember Ralph Snart! The shop I frequented and worked at for a while carried a wide range of small press / underground / adult comics. I didn't read it regularly, but would occassionally give it a look through.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:13 am

DudleyGrunt wrote:I remember Ralph Snart! The shop I frequented and worked at for a while carried a wide range of small press / underground / adult comics. I didn't read it regularly, but would occassionally give it a look through.
I was introduced to it by my brother-in-law around 1989 when I would have been 26. I hadn't looked at a comic book in 15 years! The only other thing I got into was other titles by NOW Comics that published Snart, and Groo the Wanderer, hearing it was also "cool". But I only thought it was "OK".

So in 1998, I had to learn a little HTML for a college project (It took me 13 years of night school to go from my after high school associates degree to a Bachelors). I decided I was going to put this new found knowledge to use to make a fan website. It was between the band The Psychedelic Furs or Ralph Snart! Many fans from all over the world contacted me, and after about a year, the writer/artist himself.

Much of my legwork from 1998-2003 or so can still be seen on the fan site run by the writer/artist. I gave him all my files when my stupid website provider went out of business, and I didn't feel like moving it. He had just brought Snart back as a web only comic at the time.
ImageImage

KittyCathy

Post by KittyCathy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:06 pm

I love the Wayback Machine. I found my old blog.

Samurn

Post by Samurn » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:15 am

Thank you very much, I've travelled to my past, wow :D

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:54 pm

Samurn wrote:Thank you very much, I've travelled to my past, wow :D
If you think you're going to come back a week or two later and add a spam link signature to your post, guess again.
ImageImage