Stats Badge

New to geocaching? Get help here!
doublestuff
Re: Stats Badge

Post by doublestuff » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:03 pm

doublestuff wrote:How do you get the GeoKrety stats to show up. I just posted on the NewEngland forum and no stats sig was displayed.

doublestuff
see nothing...

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Should be much the same.
Get the code from the Geokretey site.
Add the code to your signature here.
Don't remember if there are options but be sue to get the correct code for where you are using it. Sometimes there are two types for different uses.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:41 am

Just an FYI...I just noticed that the "Hidden" number is your currently active cache hides and does not include any archived (or temporarily unavailable?) caches.

Also, "Found" does not include attended events. We've talked about possibly changing this, but have not done so, yet.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:12 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:Just an FYI...I just noticed that the "Hidden" number is your currently active cache hides and does not include any archived (or temporarily unavailable?) caches.

Also, "Found" does not include attended events. We've talked about possibly changing this, but have not done so, yet.
I've actually had a non-geocacher look at changing event attendence to count as finds. That's going to be ugly. It was on "the list", of course.

Would we like it to include all hides, not counting archived or temp. unavailable? That doesn't sound too crazy. I could be wrong though.
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:23 pm

I'd probably side with making it "all hides", since that is what I had just assumed it was until I just happened to notice the discrepancy as I was approaching my 100th.

Events would be nice, but if it's too much trouble, I can live with it.

Both the above also happen to be how Groundspeak does it and how most folks would probably expect it to be.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:19 am

We had a sleeper spammer bump this thread with the classic "nice post, thank you" post (which has been deleted), but I would just like to point out that events long since count as finds not only on the banners, but throughout most of the site. A couple minor places I couldn't get it to work. For example the "total finds" on the main page above and to the left of the map of new caches. Notice it doesn't match the finds (in green text) in the graph on our statistics page.
ImageImage