Finally

General Information About Geocaching
TermiteHunter
Site Admin
Finally

Post by TermiteHunter » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:06 pm

After more than 3 years The Infiltrator has finally recruited its first true new member to OCNA.
The Infiltrator, if any of you remember, is a cache that was intended to be hidden in a GC cache in order to introduce unsuspecting GC cachers to the Opencaching community. It had been used locally in some contests and visited the Gearheads podcast on alternative caching (though not mentioned by name). It has languished in the hands of a few cachers hands for months, even years at a time after being passed by hand from cacher to cacher. A few months ago (4) it was hidden in a cache in Michigan where it sat until today when it was found and logged by what is now a new member of OCNA.
The logger appeared excited by the cache so I also sent a greeting along with a link to the Blog post about its history to the finder.

The Infiltrator is still alive and we have a new member.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: Finally

Post by Mr.Yuck » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:29 am

Don't forget that I got it muggled, made a replacement, and was contacted by a Geocacher looking for a Geocaching.com cache telling me it was put back. So I mailed it to the holder of the replacement in Ohio. But that's covered in the blog post. Was it grabbed from a Geocaching.com cache, or hidden alone?
ImageImage

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:31 am

It was hidden in a GC cache after the last guy held it for quite a while.
The island it was on didn't get a great deal of traffic so it sat.
The new member has plans to drop it in another busy GC cache.
Summitt2004 is the new member. They logged both the cache and BIT along with the GC travelbug

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:51 pm

Cool!
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:54 am

The Infiltrator has been found again. Not in the cache it was last logged to be in though. Apparently it was picked up and moved without any logs to another GC cache in Davison MI where it was found and taken. I got a 2 logs from the attached TB. One of the loggers took The Infiltrator. I have sent the usual message in an attempt to get them to explore OCNA, join and log the find(s). Currently in the hands of *Bree* a new cacher with less than 30 finds. We'll have to see what happens next.

Nice to see it is being found and moved with or without logs rather than in someones cachemobile back seat.

Edit
However I am really confused now that I have looked at this more closely. The previous finder said they were going to move it to Texas and posted coordinates for a GC cache there yet the latest log of the TB is in MI. What happened? did the TB get separated from the cache?

I'll be sending another message to see if I can find out.

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:51 pm

Got a message back from the cachet that logged the infiltrators travel bug. It appears that the dog tag tb has been separated from the cache.

Guess I will have to rewrite the pages for both the cache and the tb with a new goal for them to be rejoined at some point. That will be a tough one to accomplish.

Good news for mryuck, your travel flea is still attached to the tb chain.

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

najatuw4646

Post by najatuw4646 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:58 am

I have sent the usual message in an attempt to get them to explore OCNA,

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:57 am

najatuw4646 wrote:I have sent the usual message in an attempt to get them to explore OCNA,
Didja send it from the Indian IP address you posted to our forum with? You did not get away with the spam link that looked like a blue line in your post to the casual reader. It's slow around here, nothing gets by us. :D
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:59 am

TermiteHunter wrote:Got a message back from the cachet that logged the infiltrators travel bug. It appears that the dog tag tb has been separated from the cache.

Guess I will have to rewrite the pages for both the cache and the tb with a new goal for them to be rejoined at some point. That will be a tough one to accomplish.

Good news for mryuck, your travel flea is still attached to the tb chain.

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk
What, did they send you a pic? That's one of only two of my travel fleas in circulation. They're so danged small, that I lost them after I used a couple. Motivation to look again, I suppose. Maybe I'll even find some more of our old pathtags lying around.
ImageImage

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:16 pm

A pic of the dog tag with the flea attached to the chain.

Good news though. They plan a trip to TX for the Rose Bowl and will be taking it with them. So it should end up in the same general area as the rest of the cache at the very least. Dallas / Fort Worth It all looks teh same to me. With some extreme luck they could find the container and return it but the way things go with this cache it has probably already been picked up and is on its way to MI.