Geocaching temperature extremes

General Information About Geocaching
Mr.Yuck
Site Admin
Geocaching temperature extremes

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:54 pm

Look at me, trying to breathe life into this forum. I started a new sub forum, "The hunt; the unusual" today. So I've asked this here question to a couple of our blog interviewees, and I like it. What are your temperature extremes while Geocaching? My hottest was finding caches in Disney World in Florida in August 2004. I believe it was 98 Degrees F. while I found a couple of physical caches in Epcot. Physical caches were banned in Disney word the following year, 2005, by the way. Coldest? Well, if we count hiding, I hid a birdhouse cache in January 2006 early morning when it was -2 Degrees F. I also remember a couple of single digit above 0 early morning outings. One in Central New Jersey (where single digits are rather rare, incidently), and one in Southern Ontario, part of an all day cache excursion with two others where it got up to about 15 Degrees that day.
ImageImage

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Re: Geocaching temperature extremes

Post by TermiteHunter » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:09 pm

Well I don't keep records of such activities but I'm sure I have found a few with temps in the low low 100's for a high and mid teens on the low end. Even a couple with snow on the ground. Nothing deep mind you but snow none the less.

TEAM 360

Post by TEAM 360 » Sun May 15, 2016 5:38 pm

122° when I lived in the Laughlin/Bullhead City area on Arizonas west side. Ouch.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon May 16, 2016 3:54 pm

TermiteHunter wrote:Well I don't keep records of such activities but I'm sure I have found a few with temps in the low low 100's for a high and mid teens on the low end. Even a couple with snow on the ground. Nothing deep mind you but snow none the less.
I could say exactly that, so I'll just quote TH.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

zstatman

Post by zstatman » Fri May 20, 2016 3:27 pm

Here in East Central Florida we, believe it or ...." do get temp extremes for highs in the 90s to 100s all the way down to 40s to 50s (Yup! That's cold here)

Anyway, was in the colds of New Mexico a year or so back and then there was Montana at the Terracaching Big Sky event where "up in the hills" cold!

:D :oops: :evil: :geek:

ZStatman
Montana 650
Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro Phone
"It is all in the search!"
Florida, USA

=========================================
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt (anonymous)