Hello everyone!

Keep it clean and civil!
TermiteHunter
Site Admin
Re: Hello everyone!

Post by TermiteHunter » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:34 pm

My but you have varied interests all of a sudden...a geocaching dot com member for 5 years with no finds along with identical posts to this one on several sites including but not limited to drones, combines,(the farming type) phones, models (Not the living type as far as I can tell), table tennis and coffee.

Been a busy day for you.... maybe you should actually get involved in one of these interests you have instead of what ever it is you intend to attempt here.

Thanks for your supposed interest in our forum

From the OCNA hotbed of NC using Tapatalk

Bon Echo
Site Admin

Post by Bon Echo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:03 pm

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:53 pm

Yep, been very busy indeed.
I found several, mentioned a few. Several were dated as being posted the same day as our visitor. Looks like a spamming attempt that just had no follow through on any of the sites since that was the only posting.

Looked suspicious from the start. Too innocuous and non specific to the subject of caching so I checked it out.

From the OCNA hotbed of NC using Tapatalk

thanhan

Post by thanhan » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:49 pm

Good job

GeorgeBlups

Coords for Bin Ladens Compound.

Post by GeorgeBlups » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:34 pm

Can anyone share the precise coordinates of Bin Laden's compound, as I am planning a rather unconventional geocaching adventure and would like to explore this historically significant location?

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:23 pm

Bon Echo
Site Admin

Post by Bon Echo » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:55 pm

And in any case, this is OpenCaching NORTH AMERICA. Now admitted I have no idea where the location in question is, but I strongly suspect it's not within our focal area.

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:26 am

The coordinates for the compound he was extracted from are in the link.
Not sure how it might be used in a cache located in the Americas...I suppose it's possible in a puzzle or something.

Nothing suspicious about this at all,
It's not that nobody thinks of Bin Laden anymore since he has been dead since 2011, the information requested is available instantly online and @georgeblubs had to come here to ask?
It's not that @georgeblurbs didn't bother to make an account with OCNA in order to hide such a cache, no not that.
Not even a member of the TOAD....in case they were going to use us for a cache there instead.
@georgeblurbs profile says Chile. maybe there is an obscure Chilean caching site... but the IP address says @georgeblurbs is from Russia.
One of the 3 countries I am aware of that have absolutely ZERO caches.
(That part is weird. not a cacher on the main sites, from a country with no caches yet came up with 2 posts one of which talked about caches properly though very limited in description that a cacher might offer.)

Maybe it's all that and more...
Then again I could be wrong so I thought I would engage.

I have seen spammers with a seemingly valid post.
This one is reasonably nice and looks legit except for the other post which I seem to recall from previous spammers.
I find it interesting that some even take the time to add a custom avatar like @georgeblurbs did, most don't bother.

Tell me I'm wrong.
It would be nice to see something new here besides spam.

GeorgeBlups

Geocaching by State / Division.

Post by GeorgeBlups » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:06 am

I've been geocaching for a few months now and I've noticed that some states or divisions seem to have a lot more geocaches than others. For example, when I visit Division 3 East North Central, there are tons of caches to choose from, but when I head over to Division 7 West South Central, the options seem much more limited.

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:14 pm

you can do better than that...