I’m new and reads Zip code not found

New to geocaching? Get help here!
Vampiress
I’m new and reads Zip code not found

Post by Vampiress » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:36 pm

I just found tis site today, thought it would be great to have more than one. Just registered. Um, I just tried to search for caches by my zip code. Reads “zip code not found”. :( I did two other zip codes next to mine, still, zip code not found.

So then I tried by state, um.... there are only several and all on the east coast of my state. It also shows the entire state like, covered in grey and all over it reads new development.

I think This site doesn’t work. It’s easy to figure out, a kid can figure it out to each, another words it’s self explanatory.
If anyone would like to check, my zip code is 33579. I even tried a Tampa zip code, could not be found!

Any suggestions? I really was hoping to join more then one cache community, hoping to find caches not listed at the GC site. And entering my own when I make them, to reach out to more people.
Thanks for your reply.

Obtain, I don’t see much current activity here either. Does this mean this site is closed? ;)

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Re: I’m new and reads Zip code not found

Post by TermiteHunter » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:28 pm

No we are not closed.
Yes we are having difficulty.
The map is one issue.
Our aging code (that we are working on upgrading) that causes failure for searches is another.

The easiest way to search your area is by using the Map of Caches on the left. Click the full screen and the zoom and scroll function will work. Yes it will be the same grey with watermark right now but it works.

OCNA is much smaller than the site you are accustomed to so it is possible that there are few if any near you. If there aren't many (or even if there are) near you then add to the data base for others by listing caches on OCNA. We have many cache types that are only available here.

From the OCNA hotbed of NC using Tapatalk

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:20 pm

Also, if you use the c:geo app for Android, it is compatible with c:geo and will allow you to authenticate and search for and log caches thru it. You can also filter for just OCNA (or other services).
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

CarlbroPA

Post by CarlbroPA » Wed May 08, 2019 5:15 pm

Nice to have such a lengthy post when things look bleak. Keep your chin up and check in to see what's new. Carl