Coming to Western New York

New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania

Moderator:Sabrefan7

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
Coming to Western New York

Post by DudleyGrunt » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:54 pm

I've just officially put in for my leave for July.

I'll be off on July 10 to see my son off to Philmont Scout Reservation in New Mexico. The next day, I'll be hanging out with NativTxn for a bit, while she is in Baltimore for the week.

I'm thinking of hitting the road, Wednesday afternoon, so I can have up to 3 full days of caching in Western New York. I'll primarily be hunting OC (naturally) and TerraCaching hides, with a few others thrown in. I may try to sort thru the Navicache and GPSgames listings to find some virtuals (or physical caches that seem to be active). And maybe some GC virtuals and webcams, if I get a chance.

Don't know my schedule, really, but would like to look into meeting up with folks for an event - may Friday evening?

If someone wants to recommend a place, I can look at making arrangements from here and host it or if someone up there wants to host, that's fine, too.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

GOF

Re: Coming to Western New York

Post by GOF » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:56 pm

Well, let me get in touch with a couple of the other locals and see what we can come up with.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:21 am

Didn't see it for almost a week. Was prepping for my own road trip, and still catching up on things around the house. I'd like to see DG be the host! I suppose you need to tell us where you are staying, so as we could recommend a place for an event. And if you really don't want to host it, I'm sure someone will stip up.
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:10 am

I can host. I need to decide where I'm staying. I'll scope that out and see what you guys might recommend.

Planning to head up Wednesday, after returning NativTxn to her church group and may aim for Rochester to spend the night. I'd start with the couple near there and head west toward Lockport / Niagara Falls and work on the area north of Buffalo on Thursday. Then I'll hit more around Buffalo on Friday and use Saturday to get caught up since I probably won't have done as many as I'd hoped.

So, any place good and convenient in the Buffalo area should be good. I've pulled up some of the archived area events to check out where they were.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:05 am

Oh shoot, this is coming up quick. There's a huge new (less than a year old) Buffalo Wild Wings on Niagara Falls Boulevard. As a matter of fact, I believe GOF was involved in transforming it from a shuttered failed Canadian chain into a BWW. Along one of our biggest commercial strips, and North of Buffalo, maybe 12 miles from Niagara Falls. I'm not saying definitely do it, but it's the first place that pops into my head.
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:39 am

Rayman, who rarely looks at this or any other Geocaching forum says the new BWW is mega expensive. He suggested the Buffalo Brew pub, where SF7 had his one year anniversary event. They have a nice room that holds like 15 people. If you can get it a week out!!
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:23 am

I'll call them.

Any preference on a time? The later the better, for me, so I can use more daylight for caching. How is 8:00 on Friday? I'd be open to earlier, if folks prefer.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:15 am

I've started a draft of the event page. When listed, it will be Dudley Comes to WNY (OU02CE).

Friday is out. They only do reservations Sun-Thu. Would Thurs work out for folks? Since it is a work night, I'd be happy to move it to 7 PM.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:44 am

To get it up and listed, I decided to just get it done.

Thursday, 7:00 PM
Buffalo Brew Pub
6861 Main St
Williamsville, NY
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:51 pm

Oh good, 7:00 is better for a work night, yes I'm sure. Cool, can't wait to do it.
ImageImage