Making a mob cache

General Information About Geocaching
chilehead
Making a mob cache

Post by chilehead » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:59 am

I have a new sort of cache I'm calling a mob cache. No, it's not a mob event - it's a mob cache. It's a good sort of cache to have released before/at an event.

It requires you to get a certain number of people together with smart phones together at the same location, before the coordinates (or message of your choosing) are revealed.

See:
http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/vie ... 04fb8902be

for more information and a list (6 right now) of caches that use this technology. Just a little interesting multiplayer twist. This will be rolled up into my intercaching site at some point.

[ hey look at that, my post wasn't moderated like at the fake opencaching site! ]

Sabrefan7

Re: Making a mob cache

Post by Sabrefan7 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:35 am

You do come up with some cool ideas. How many got it to work opposed to how many tag alongs? I still want to try the intercaching but just don't have the time to do much because of other obligations. If it will make you happy post something in the Middle Atlantic Division and I will delete it for you :lol:

chilehead

Post by chilehead » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:15 am

From looking at the logs on the 6 that have been published so far, it looks like about half actually do it, and the other half are along for the ride.

I had one come out at our summer picnic a few weeks ago, and during the picnic there were 3 different groups congregating at the coordinates, each group had about 8-10 people with smart phones, and another handful of people just hanging.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:02 pm

I like it. But according to your own cache page you need an iphone or Droid? Did you forget about the 4 people with Windowsphones again?

P.S. I would have moderated your post, but things keep breaking on this website in the last two weeks. :mrgreen:
ImageImage