Garmin's Opencaching.com shuts down their forums

General Information About Geocaching
Mr.Yuck
Site Admin
Garmin's Opencaching.com shuts down their forums

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:04 pm

On or about September 23rd. Garmin essentially shut down the opencaching.com forums, and the only 4 posts still there are 4 "announcements", which cannot be repsonded to. These "announcements", in my opinion, pretty much chastise their former forum regulars for being too angsty over the previous 3 years. Personally, I think it's somewhat unprofessional. And the posts, which contain several inaccuracies, again in my opinion, cannot be responded too. Reaction?
ImageImage

Sabrefan7

Re: Garmin's Opencaching.com shuts down their forums

Post by Sabrefan7 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:53 am

I saw that a wile back too. I had not visited the site for months any way so no great loss.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: Garmin's Opencaching.com shuts down their forums

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:11 pm

Sabrefan7 wrote:I saw that a wile back too. I had not visited the site for months any way so no great loss.
I actually had about 15 career posts, and 10 of them were like their last week. Some Austrian college kid was saying how he was disappointed in Opencaching.com, and was saying how he was going to start his own world-wide Geocaching website. I gave my credentials as the domain name owner of this one, and told him he was wasting his time, and every kid who knows how to write php code can't come along every couple years and start a new Geocaching website. He was also completely ignoring the existence of Gpsgames.org, Terracaching.com, and Navicache.com. Every time I mentioned them, he wouldn't even respond to me. Then again, this conversation never happened, just like Geocaching Challenges, right? :lol:
ImageImage