Milestones - Share Yours Here

General Information About Geocaching
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
Milestones - Share Yours Here

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:24 pm

I guess I hit my first milestone for OCUS cache finds today with my 10th - donbadabon's The National Rifle Association Firearms Museum. :D

I'm also the first here to find 10 OCUS caches. Who'll be the first join / pass me?
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

ijeep

Re: Milestones - Share Yours Here

Post by ijeep » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:17 pm

10 caches! U-da-man!

I think now you get to set caches as "Recommended".
Bill, OC US Moderator, Division 6
Always waypoint the Jeep!

Szuchie

Post by Szuchie » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:07 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:I guess I hit my first milestone for OCUS cache finds today with my 10th - donbadabon's The National Rifle Association Firearms Museum. :D

I'm also the first here to find 10 OCUS caches. Who'll be the first join / pass me?
How many of those are OC exclusive? I think the novelty of this site for me is as an alternative - not to find preexisting GC caches. Just me - I've found my first and I hope to find many more OC exclusives! So far so good!

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:21 pm

All of my OCUS finds are exclusive - that is I've not logged them elsewhere. I only log a given cache on one site, event if it is crosslisted. That's what counts for me.

However, 7 of my 10 finds are OCUS Only hides.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

Geohiker55

Post by Geohiker55 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:36 pm

I hid the first Central NY cache and also placed a virtual cache glad they are back

Borst68

Post by Borst68 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:33 pm

Geohiker55 wrote:I hid the first Central NY cache and also placed a virtual cache glad they are back
Good to see the folks in Central NY placing some caches. Prior to your cache, most of the OC caches in NY are in Western NY. I currently have 4 hides. Now I have to get out there and FIND some. I only have two finds so far but there a total of 8 in our area. There are also a few more rumored in our area. Keep 'em coming in CNY! :|

Shilo

Post by Shilo » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:48 pm

I placed my first traditional OCUS only geocache today. Only the 2nd in the state of Georgia.

Well it's the first actual container placed in the state as the the first one is a virtual cache :D

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:06 pm

No OCUS caches yesterday - there are none on the Maryland Eastern Shore or in (s)Lower Delaware, but thought I'd share a couple I had yesterday, Black Friday.

I have now, officially, logged my 2400th geocache - Indian Mission by DragonRebel (TC4UK), a TerraCaching virtual in Hollyville, DE. I visited the site on 12 November, but had to return yesterday to collect Confirmation Code information.

My 2500th combined cache find will definitely be a an OCUS cache.

Yesterday, I also found my 100th GC.com virtual cache - Tour Around Seaford by Hostanut & LadyH (GC7355) in Seaford, DE.

More importantly than either of these milestones, it was a day spent caching with my son. He turns 14 in less than 2 weeks and has been developing that common teenage allergy to his parents. When I got home on my 12 November trip, he actually asked me why I hasn't asked him to go (I was speachless) - until he remembered he's had school that day. He especially likes the Delmarva area, so was particularly open to it. He even seemed to enjoy himself, though, by 4:30 in Rehoboth Beach, he was wanting to turn around and head toward home. Luckily, for him, we couldn't really go much farther east and it was going to start getting dark before long, so I was agreeable.

MotherWolf - When are you going to address this lack of ES OCUS caches? :D

All in all, a great day.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:30 pm

Im at 10 now with the logging of http://www.opencaching.us/viewcache.php?cacheid=383
I like how each state has its ranking NY is leading the way with 69 next up is VA with 44 followed by NC with 37 :mrgreen:

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:22 pm

I reached a small milestone, yesterday. I now have 15 finds, matching my finds on Navicache. OCUS is no longer the site I've found the least caches on! Currently I only have five more OCUS caches to find within 100 miles of home, so I'll need to start encouraging my area OCUS users to hide some more caches. I've got more in mind, but I need some to find, too.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image