August 2014 OpenCachingNA Diversified Cacher Contest

General Information About Geocaching
Mr.Yuck
Site Admin
Re: August 2014 OpenCachingNA Diversified Cacher Contest

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:27 pm

DisneyScout wrote:Need another rules clarification.

I found one of the WTF Bit Caches listed on OCNA. There is a locationless cache on Geocaching Australia that requires a picture of me with a water tower. They are two separate listings by two separate individuals, but I am using the same location. Does that count as 2 different entries or should I only count it as one for the contest. I did use a completely different picture...
Oh, you're good there!! I must admit, I didn't get to any locationless this month, either there or Terracaching.com
ImageImage

nighthawk700

Post by nighthawk700 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:08 pm

Wow, I didn't see the information about this thread until I went to the OC Blog about the contest to check something. Anyway, I submitted my final numbers. I wasn't as diversified as I wanted to be. I basically only played one game (placing and finding). Going out of town and switching to a new phone threw a bit of a wrench in the broader plans. Still, thanks for offering the game.

DisneyScout

Post by DisneyScout » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:15 am

Late last night, driving around capturing Monsters. My 251st Monster was caught at 12:00 am on the dot, so I didn't count it. I'm going to try to keep my 5th ranked spot on the Legends board. :D

When do we find out how many Sighters and Munzees captured by admins?

I really enjoyed the contest and it helped me blow off some steam a few times.

Thanks!

Kim

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:18 pm

I think I made it to 200 points along I get credit for an OCNA virtual hide submitted at 11; 35 but not approved until after the deadline. I was 5 points short. I had attempted to log a virtual on terracaching but it wouldn't do anything after I got submit. Finally broke down and the in a last minute virtual to cross the 200 point mark.

Thanks to DG & Chaz for the big point jump with the event

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:31 am

TermiteHunter wrote:I think I made it to 200 points along I get credit for an OCNA virtual hide submitted at 11; 35 but not approved until after the deadline. I was 5 points short. I had attempted to log a virtual on terracaching but it wouldn't do anything after I got submit. Finally broke down and the in a last minute virtual to cross the 200 point mark.

Thanks to DG & Chaz for the big point jump with the event
I was going to post that our server time is Greenwich Mean time, and anything logged or submitted after say 6:00 PM on Sunday would show up as Monday, but I was on vacation, and didn't get around to it. People can just change the date on their caches or find logs! Actually I don't know if it would work on a cache submission, but let me know, and I could change in the database if need be.
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:44 am

I wonder if we can change our server time to Eastern or something within North America.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

DisneyScout

Post by DisneyScout » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:19 pm

Anyone know what server Monster Cache uses? I was up until midnight Sunday night catching Monsters for a few extra points and I came across a treasure chest. My profile says the treasure chest was collected on September 1st, but I know it was still August 31st EST. How will those Monsters be validated?

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:03 pm

DisneyScout wrote:Anyone know what server Monster Cache uses? I was up until midnight Sunday night catching Monsters for a few extra points and I came across a treasure chest. My profile says the treasure chest was collected on September 1st, but I know it was still August 31st EST. How will those Monsters be validated?
The owner/creator is in Kansas, so I would imagine the server is there. Our server time is set to Greenwich Mean Time, but I doubt he does that. We are, after all, mostly a European based network. He is going to validate all scores given a list of MonsterCache usernames, and looking them up in his database. Even with the increased activity from the contest, that shouldn't be a big task, still less than 500 people in the world have captured at least one Monster. Even our database is bigger than that. :mrgreen:

Good as place as any for my final tally: OCNA Admin Mr.Yuck captured 48 Monsters in August. I apparently got 6 in an hour at 74 MPH between Rochester and Syracuse, and got a new badge for it. And believe me, I keep that cruise control set at 74.
ImageImage

DisneyScout

Post by DisneyScout » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:09 pm

Mr.Yuck wrote:still less than 500 people in the world have captured at least one Monster
I'm proud to say I'm ranked number 5 and I plan to stay there. ;)

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:36 pm

DisneyScout wrote:
Mr.Yuck wrote:still less than 500 people in the world have captured at least one Monster
I'm proud to say I'm ranked number 5 and I plan to stay there. ;)
I passed Mr.Yuck during the contest and am currently #9 with 150 Monsters.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image