Thoughts on Our Recent Cacher Diversity Training

General Information About Geocaching
DisneyScout
Re: Thoughts on Our Recent Cacher Diversity Training

Post by DisneyScout » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:10 pm

Mr.Yuck wrote:
DisneyScout wrote:Maybe one of the things for the contest next year should be something along the lines of introduce someone new to OpenCaching.us?
I like that one! Of course people would have to be honest, and not creating sock puppet accounts. I can see IP addresses. Not that I ever need to. Except for spammers. Who have been generally leaving us alone for months. Of course there are blocking methods in effect, but they still get through when we're in their crosshairs. Babbling aside, good one, and thanks for the suggestion.
Then maybe have different levels. They get a few points when someone joins OpenCaching.us, but they get more points for an ACTIVE participant on Opencaching.us. Maybe they have to make it to 10 finds during the contest period or something. Or they need to score at least x number of points in the contest themselves? It's more fun to do a contest with friends anyway! :D I got a friend into Munzees and if she had ever come here, she probably would have had at least 100 points from the Munzees she did. But, she never came here, even though I told her about it over and over.

Kim

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:26 pm

My thanks to the contest, GCAU and DG...
Received my GCAU pathtags today. Doubled my collection with 10 different pathtags.
Along with a lanyard and sticker added to the prize pack.

I'll be moving to AU for new hunting grounds as a result.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:55 am

TermiteHunter wrote:My thanks to the contest, GCAU and DG...
Received my GCAU pathtags today. Doubled my collection with 10 different pathtags.
Along with a lanyard and sticker added to the prize pack.

I'll be moving to AU for new hunting grounds as a result.
Good to hear!! Assuming you mean you're not leaving us to do it! We never announced it (of course we told the affected people personally), but we delivered boatloads of Geocaching Australia Swag to the 9 (if I remember correctly) non-winners. In other words, if you were shut out on the drawing, you got Geocaching Australia Swag. The more points you had without "winning", the more swag you got. I think I mailed out the package with the most, it was like $15 worth of Pathtags, a sticker, a patch and a lanyard. At least I estimate it at $15, because it had to go to Canada, and I had to fill out a customs form. :mrgreen: I also mailed out the lowest point package, and he got a lanyard and a pathtag. So the other people got somewhere in between.

And hey, we made if before the end of October! When I go find a few hundred Munzees with Rayman today, I will deliver the final GA package in person.
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:32 pm

I don't think TH is really going to move to Australia. ;-)
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image