The Guest Book Cache

General Information About Geocaching
Mr.Yuck
Site Admin
The Guest Book Cache

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:53 pm

By the way, only you admin and/or moderator types can post to the announcements section, I can't do it.

Not bad. It would be most cool that you could use it for summit registers on top of Mountains. Heck, even Mt. Everest. :D Would a photo of the guestbook (or even the venue if it was say a museum) be required? I'd think it would be a good idea. I'd think I'd want to include that requirement if I ever place one of these things.
ImageImage

RVRoadTrip
Site Admin

Re: The Guest Book Cache

Post by RVRoadTrip » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Whoever submits a cache can add additional logging requirements in the description if they want. We try not to set too many rules... :)

You can use the Guest Book cache type for any type of public log book you can easily sign.

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:09 pm

I like the Idea of a Guest book its pretty neat. I am already thinking of a place to do one.

BlindTyldak

Post by BlindTyldak » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:34 pm

Hahaha, have to finish fixing a radiator hose clamp on the van, then I can go WP one and log it here!

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:44 am

I recently posted my first after revisiting a site where I'd found over the summer that a guest book attached. And I've found the website of the folks responsible for it, along with one I found in Annapolis and a bunch more in the Baltimore, Washington, and Annapolis areas. Some are even at sites that have labyrinths. As I get to visit each location, I'll be adding more. We might even become the Guest Book capital of OCUS.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue May 31, 2011 12:51 pm

Bump!! I stumbled on a place I'd like to make into a Guestbook cache. I will submit it this evening, most likely. It will also feature a hilarious picture of me (in my opinion). This is a pretty good idea, nice work OCUS team. As long as people don't go crazy with it, and I see that is not happening (I think there are 18 of them currently). My question is, did the OCUS team make up this idea of a Guest Book cache, or was it being done on the sister opencaching sites already?
ImageImage

RVRoadTrip
Site Admin

Post by RVRoadTrip » Tue May 31, 2011 1:20 pm

One of the other OC site members suggested it. When I read the thread, I immediately added it to OCUS.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue May 31, 2011 3:19 pm

RVRoadTrip wrote:One of the other OC site members suggested it. When I read the thread, I immediately added it to OCUS.
Didn't see the thread, apparently. Oh, I was looking at Webcams, there are 18 webcams, but 27 Guestbook caches as of today. That's really not a lot of either, glad to see traditional's are the dominant type.
ImageImage