GeoWoodstock 9

General Information About Geocaching
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
GeoWoodstock 9

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:10 pm

I knew there were a good number of caches in the area around Buffalo, NY and that I'd have to hit them when I go to GeoWoodstock 9 in July, but just realized that there are already 17 non-event OCUS caches within 50 miles of Buffalo (zip code = 14201). That's starting to rival the DC area.

I was already planning on staying in the Niagra area and heading into Canada a couple days before GW9. I'll have to make sure anyone who rides up with me knows I'll be on a mission.

At some point, I think someone had mentioned maybe organizing an OCUS even sometime over the GW weekend. That'd be great, especially if others here were planning on making the trip.

So far the main website is not up, but the event has been listed on GC.com - GeoWoodstock.

Who's going?

Oh, and be sure to get your OCUS patches, we can recognize eachother!
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Coffee Peddlers
Site Admin

Re: GeoWoodstock 9

Post by Coffee Peddlers » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:05 pm

I''m an hour and a half from Buffalo and if you are coming into Canada to cache we should hook up and do some caching. I have to check the date on the GeoWoodstock event to make sure I can make it
Cheers
CP
Tackling Ontario's hiking trails one step at a time and now invading Michigan Trails as well.

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:09 pm

WNY is representing! I put in a will attend for GW9 Im about 2 hrs from the Warren Fair Grounds. I know a few will be there all weekend . I plan on a day trip So I hope to meet up with a few of you there.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:09 pm

Yep, WNY is representing! I believe all 17 of those caches are OCUS only, DudleyGrunt. That includes the one a few miles into Canada. There are more in Canada more up towards Toronto that I'm sure are cross-listed. And I'll bet that 17 increases by the time of GW. Yes, myself and SF7 have already made preliminary plans for a day trip to GW, most of the people we know around here are going for hotel rooms and the whole weekend despite our proximity to Warren, Pa. I'm not sure how (or where, meaning Buffalo area or Warren Pa area) we could pull off the OC event, but there's plenty of time to talk about it.
ImageImage

SparrowsGold

Post by SparrowsGold » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:10 pm

We plan on attending GWIX!
We already have our rooms at the Hampton Inn reserved.

We definitely want to hit Niagra Falls.

We are just waiting to see what events are happening.
Last year we jumped the gun on Airfare and they added a few events early.
This year we are driving from NJ.

For those who have never gone to a GW, the main event is one day (Saturday).
But there are always event scheduled up to 3 or 4 days prior and a few after Saturday!

I was hoping the Organizers were planning a bus trip to the Falls or other nearby places.

We are waiting for more info from the organizers before we create a new Pathtag also.

An OCUS Event would be cool!
Maybe even at GWIX??

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:19 pm

At GW7 (my only one), I attended the pre-check-in event Friday evening, two events other than the main one Saturday and two on Sunday.

I
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

networkcacher

Post by networkcacher » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:48 am

I'm going to Geowoodstock again this year. And now that I know there are plenty of OCUS caches close by I'll be grabbing those too. Planning on spending a few days in Warren, then a loop through Canada.
ImageImageImage

Borst68

Post by Borst68 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:59 pm

I am the CO of 4 of the caches in the Buffalo/Niagara region. It would be great if the caches got some more traffic. You folks are certainly welcome to grab some cache in WNY. :mrgreen:

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:17 pm

I've made my hotel reservations today.

I'll be in Niagra Falls on June 30. Doesn't look like I could have picked a much better spot for OCUS finds. Can't wait!

For the weekend, I'll be in Jamestown, NY. Doesn't seem to be anything there, for now.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:56 am

There are now 25 caches in Western NY. None in Jamestown though sadly. Mr Yuk Atmospherium and myself are making the day trip to GW 9