Duplicate Logs

General Information About Geocaching
NativTxn
Site Admin
Duplicate Logs

Post by NativTxn » Wed May 11, 2011 5:28 pm

I went back to some of my earlier "Finds" here and changed them to "Notes". Now, I should be able to run my stats in GSAK or whatever and get an accurate count of total finds with no duplicates. From here on out, I will try to alternate posting new caches on OCUS and GC, so finders don't need to wrestle with rather or not to post on both sites.

This dropped my actual finds down to 5, but I hope to pick up a couple more in Houston this weekend.
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: Duplicate Logs

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed May 11, 2011 11:13 pm

I also only log finds on one site (and a note on the other) for crosslisted caches. I don't wrestle with it, thought. If the cache is listed on GC.com and here, GC.com will always get the note.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: Duplicate Logs

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu May 12, 2011 2:59 pm

Interesting. I've posted tons of duplicate logs to Navicache and GPSgames.org. I'll even bet that in about 40 cases, I have triplicate logs on Geocaching.com, Navicache and GPSgames.org!! I've even done 3 or 4 dupes on Terracaching.com, despite the fact Terracaches are not supposed to be cross-listed.

I see your points though, and will probably do what Dudley and NativeTxn have done with caches on this site that are cross-listed. Closest I've come so far is finding a cache in Ohio a couple of months before this website went live that was later cross-listed here. I decided not to log that at all here, unless I visit it again in the future.
ImageImage