WWFM IX

General Information About Geocaching
NativTxn
Site Admin
WWFM IX

Post by NativTxn » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:14 am

I'm going to one in Bryan, TX. It's listed here and on Groundspeak's site. I think I'll have to log it as Attended over there to get the souvenir. The After-WWFM is only listed here, so I get another smiley here.

Have we ever looked again into having Events count in our "Find" counts???

What is going on at some of the WWFMs that you will be going to/went to?
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: WWFM IX

Post by Mr.Yuck » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:30 am

NativTxn wrote:I'm going to one in Bryan, TX. It's listed here and on Groundspeak's site. I think I'll have to log it as Attended over there to get the souvenir. The After-WWFM is only listed here, so I get another smiley here.

Have we ever looked again into having Events count in our "Find" counts???

What is going on at some of the WWFMs that you will be going to/went to?
Yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to events counting as "finds". They do on every other Geocaching website. I'll go ahead and assume it was always like that on all the Opencaching nodes. Or at the very least, on the one from Poland which this website and org.uk were translated into English from.

I actually don't like WWFM's, and would never attend one. But I'll just leave it at that. :mrgreen: They certainly have enough of a following in the Geocaching world, and I don't see them ever going away. Oh, the souvenir is pretty cool, and that's the first time I ever saw them use a "third party" artist (a guy from a Geocoin manufacturer).
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: WWFM IX

Post by DudleyGrunt » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:48 am

NativTxn wrote:Have we ever looked again into having Events count in our "Find" counts???
Yes. I included it on my latest e-mail of requests to Waldek / sp2ong. He's the prime admin for OCPL and has helped us with lots of stuff. I've not heard back yet. I may sent to George and see if he has a chance to try to get with him.

We do really need to get our own development person. Another think I asked Waldek was what we should include in a "volunteer help wanted" ad for such a person. Once I get something back, I'll post an note to see if we have any members who would feel qualified and willing.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image