Greeting and Introductions

Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia

Moderator:glorkar

Frank Broughton
Re: Greeting and Introductions

Post by Frank Broughton » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:08 pm

welcome Mother Wolf from the isle of Kent!

Team Red Oak

Post by Team Red Oak » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:51 pm

Dawn & George from Team Red Oak here. Actually just Dawn because George doesn't know we have an account yet I'll tell him eventually! We've been caching since May 2005. I found the Groundspeak site sometime in 2004 when I was looking online for a map. Then I forgot about it and then a few months later came across it again. I mentioned it to George and on Mother's Day I opened my first GPSr - a blue etrex legend. I loved it! We cache when we can and I cache when I travel.

We're not ones to sit on the forums all the time I may visit for a few days and then not again for several months.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:16 am

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing your finds! And may some new caches?
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

cclip

Post by cclip » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:47 pm

Well Heres my info. I live in central N.C. Lemon Springs. I am a young man of 40 but my bones are 69. I ride a goldwing with my partner madie and I cache all over the southern states. I belong to several other groups, but when I saw this one It is right up my ally because I can hide caches better than i can find them. The eyes you know. Well if I mess up let me know, and HAPPY HUNTING. cclip Steve Tysinger 8-) Just another johnny cache seed.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:30 am

I do look forward to doing your caches. While they're a series of (apparently) fairly straightforward hides, along a particular highway, I wouldn't call it a "power trail". Each location seems to be carefully chose to have some reason to bring the person there, whether it is the view or the BBQ. Hope to make it down, before long.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

cclip

Post by cclip » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:00 pm

Okay I never said it was a power trail (I do look forward to doing your caches. While they're a series of (apparently) fairly straightforward hides, along a particular highway, I wouldn't call it a "power trail". ) That phrase is new to me. :P

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:55 am

I meant that in a good way. As in, it's not just some "power trail", where someone places caches the minimum distance apart, just because they can. On the other hand, you're building a series of caches spotlighting interesting spots in a certain area.

Sorry for any confusion, I definitely meant it as a compliment.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

gundark2000

Post by gundark2000 » Sun May 06, 2012 10:29 am

Well, allow me to introduce myself. My caching handle is gundark2000 on all of the other caching sites (except the Garmin site) :roll: I started caching in May of 2010.
I first heard about caching years ago in a news report. Inside I was thinking "hmm.. kinda cool." Outside I was saying to my wife "..this guy's got too much time on his hands..." Then I soon forgot about it. I heard about it again some time later and forgot about it just as quick. I didn't own a GPS and didn't plan on buying one because I didn't have a use for one. I went and bought a TOMTOM one 130 for work at the end of 2009 and remembered the geocaching a few months later. I had no intent on doing it at the time, I was just curious to see if there were any in the area. GC.com was the first site that I had found but I couldn't do a search without becomeing a member so, thinking to myself "..it's free, what do I have to lose.." and made a profile. I just threw in the name I had been useing for everything online since '99 to complete the sign up so there was no thought process in my caching handle.
When I did the search, I found that there was one less than 1/10th of a mile from my house so I went to look for it. After I found it I was hooked.

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Sun May 06, 2012 11:24 am

Hi Gundark2000, Welcome to OCUS! I hope you like the site and help spread the word.

NativTxn
Site Admin

Post by NativTxn » Fri May 11, 2012 9:09 am

Welcome! Always nice to see another familiar name from the podcasts. :)
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website