Welcome to the Canadian forum!

For Geocachers in the Great White North!

Moderator:glorkar

jrav
Re: Welcome to the Canadian forum!

Post by jrav » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:40 pm

Just wondering if there has been any progress on the Canadian version of OpenCaching? I have a cache to list, but would prefer to have it listed on the Canadian site....no offence intended toward Americans. :-)

RVRoadTrip
Site Admin

Post by RVRoadTrip » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:43 pm

I don't know who registered opencaching.ca nor do I know what their plans are. I guess it will be a wait and see issue. I did get notice that the Netherlands is working on launching their OC site. :)

glorkar

Post by glorkar » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:25 pm

DudleyGrunt mentioned something about knowing the guy that owns the domain from another caching forum. Wonder if he heard anything back yet...
Opencaching.us Global Moderator
"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane"

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:04 pm

I sent him a note on Facebook to see if he'd like to pop on here and offer any comments. He'd also asked me if i had any info or suggestions on moving forward with the site. Of course, I suggested he might want to talk to Jerry / RVRT.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

RVRoadTrip
Site Admin

Post by RVRoadTrip » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:16 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:I sent him a note on Facebook to see if he'd like to pop on here and offer any comments. He'd also asked me if i had any info or suggestions on moving forward with the site. Of course, I suggested he might want to talk to Jerry / RVRT.
Waldemar from OC PL is the one to contact about launching a new OC node.

glorkar

Post by glorkar » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:28 pm

But you've done a lot of the leg work to get everything translated into English. Though I think he'd be on his own if he chose to also offer it in French.
Opencaching.us Global Moderator
"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane"

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:48 pm

RVRoadTrip wrote:
DudleyGrunt wrote:I sent him a note on Facebook to see if he'd like to pop on here and offer any comments. He'd also asked me if i had any info or suggestions on moving forward with the site. Of course, I suggested he might want to talk to Jerry / RVRT.
Waldemar from OC PL is the one to contact about launching a new OC node.
Well, there is an important piece of information from you for him.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

mrcanoehead224

Post by mrcanoehead224 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:29 am

Hi All, as Dave mentioned he invited me to join this discussion. My name is Kevin and I do in fact live in Calgary.

I see there are already a couple of suggestions for getting the OC CA site up and running. Mainly, I'd be looking at letting someone else take the lead but I'd be interested in helping out in some capacity. Perhaps moderating the .ca forum or the like.

I'll send Jerry a note (sorry for not having done that already), Dave sent me links for your sites and I think it will be cool to work alongside you.

Just as a point of information, glorkar could not have registered the .ca domain because there are residency requirements so someone living in Canada (like me) would have had to register the domain.

RVRoadTrip
Site Admin

Post by RVRoadTrip » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:16 am

mrcanoehead224 wrote:Hi All, as Dave mentioned he invited me to join this discussion. My name is Kevin and I do in fact live in Calgary.

I see there are already a couple of suggestions for getting the OC CA site up and running. Mainly, I'd be looking at letting someone else take the lead but I'd be interested in helping out in some capacity. Perhaps moderating the .ca forum or the like.

I'll send Jerry a note (sorry for not having done that already), Dave sent me links for your sites and I think it will be cool to work alongside you.

Just as a point of information, glorkar could not have registered the .ca domain because there are residency requirements so someone living in Canada (like me) would have had to register the domain.
It might be hard to find someone willing to "take the lead" without owning the rights to the domain name.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:44 am

That could always be transferred, depending on what kind of relationship Keven works out with any partners.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image