Welcome to the Canadian forum!

For Geocachers in the Great White North!

Moderator:glorkar

glorkar
Re: Welcome to the Canadian forum!

Post by glorkar » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:52 am

The man, the myth, the legend! We've been wondering who the mysterious man behind the curtain was. Thanks for popping in!
RVRoadTrip makes a good point about finding what amounts to a webmaster. I think it may still be difficult, but not impossible. And Dudley Grunt makes a good point about transferring rights. The Opencaching personality seems to be all about sharing and evolving the sport/hobby/game. I'm sure there is at least one individual out there that would love to help get the site up and running with you. Sure it's hard work with little credit, but it gives that warm fuzzy feeling knowing that you helped create something. I'd offer, but then we'd be two people in the same boat without any paddles as I know absolutely nothing about that sort of thing. That, and I don't live in Canada...

...or do I? I could be living a double life. My name could be Gino Capnech. I could live in Sydney, Nova Scotia. I could have a wife, large dog and a child or two. I could enjoy watching hockey and working on my molsen muscle...

...then again I probably don't :) Well, all except the last two probably.
Opencaching.us Global Moderator
"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane"

jrav

Post by jrav » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:00 pm

I sent a note to mrcanoehead offering assistance.

Looking forward to getting the .ca ball rolling!

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:08 pm

jrav wrote:I sent a note to mrcanoehead offering assistance.

Looking forward to getting the .ca ball rolling!
Cool. Now, if we could just get Garmin to say what they plan with their OC site and maybe play ball with us.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

jrav

Post by jrav » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:05 pm

It's been a couple weeks and I have not received a response from the owner of opencaching.ca. My message is in the "Sent" box as opposed to the "Out" box so I'm pretty sure he has read it.

Hopefully he is working on .ca with someone else, because I would hate to see this not happen. Not sure if I should try to be patient or think up with an alternate domain name and just get it done.

RVRoadTrip
Site Admin

Post by RVRoadTrip » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:46 pm

To my knowledge, he has not contacted the OC developers to launch the site.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:21 pm

jrav wrote:It's been a couple weeks and I have not received a response from the owner of opencaching.ca. My message is in the "Sent" box as opposed to the "Out" box so I'm pretty sure he has read it.

Hopefully he is working on .ca with someone else, because I would hate to see this not happen. Not sure if I should try to be patient or think up with an alternate domain name and just get it done.
I've seen him to be a little slow to respond to e-mail and such.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

mrcanoehead224

Post by mrcanoehead224 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:25 pm

Sorry folks, Dave's right, I can be slow to respond some times depending on what's on the go. I'm a single Dad so my two daughters take priority over anything else.

They are not with me this week though so I'll spend some time going over the messages again. Thanks for your patience.

Coffee Peddlers
Site Admin

Post by Coffee Peddlers » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:06 pm

I own a couple Canadian domains and in the past have run websites... Not on the scale like this, mostly local businesses and my own. With the new year fast approaching I am looking for a new direction and challenge. I also want geocaching to be a big part of that. I have completed some time consuming commitments this past year and am now looking to take on a new challenge.

I know both Dudley and Kevin from another site and will contact both about what I can do to help.

Cheers
CP
Cheers
CP
Tackling Ontario's hiking trails one step at a time and now invading Michigan Trails as well.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:39 pm

That'd be cool to have you and mrcanoehead involved in OC CA.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image