Post by rickrich » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:33 pm

"- cannot search by zip code or by state"

Any update?

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Re: New OCNA website: Known issues

Post by TermiteHunter » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:08 pm

We know.
The update of the site is still in progress. States and zip are still non-functional.

Your best method for now is the Cache Map found on the left.
Filters are on the map in the top left corner.

Bon Echo
Site Admin

Post by Bon Echo » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:36 pm

Those people who donate their times and talents for free took the summer off to enjoy some time with family and friends and hopefully some geocaching and outdoor adventures.
I know they are back to working on these issues and progress is being made. I had an email a day or two ago to let me know that work was being done on the cache types issues, which is higher priority than the search by state / zipcode.
So please bear with us. I know progress is slow, painfully slow sometimes. But with a budget of $0 that how it goes with a 100% free website.
(shameless plug: OCNA does accept donations and 100% of money is used for web hosting fees and towards site upgrades)
If you want to search by zipcode, city name, etc and your happy to view the results on a map you can try Flopp's map (make sure the "Geocaches (Opencaching)" button on the right is checked). https://flopp.net

Bon Echo
Site Admin

Post by Bon Echo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:55 pm

Thanks to our friends at opencaching.ro opencaching.nl and opencaching.pl we now have regions data (States and Provinces). When hiding a cache, enter the coordinates and the country and state will be populated automatically!
Any new caches submitted since the website upgrade have been edited to fix the missing state or province data.
Region data is still missing on the cache search page, that is being investigated further.

Bon Echo
Site Admin

Post by Bon Echo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:05 pm

Minor issue that should be easy enough to fix: when website is down, the error message that is displayed says "If the problem persists, please contact the OC team and describe the...", with "contact" hyperlinked to the contact page. But if the website is down, that page is down as well. Maybe the "octeam at opencaching.is" email should be added to that message