Promoting OpenCaching US

About the Opencaching Site
Contra1971
Re: Promoting OpenCaching US

Post by Contra1971 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:53 pm

I kinda like that both exist
it gives us more room to add caches, SA is pretty much saturated with caches (at least where I wanna go)
close to my side of town , within MY paramaters, that is, those are: no trespassing (and several are on private property), low muggle area, and not too near to business where people will get suspicious and call the cops
but that's not to say a great many are placed well, I just gotta get out from behind this computer and go get them...lol

so what I am saying is we (as cachers on GS) should all go from one to the other as often as possible, it promotes the Game more
I call it game because it sounds more like "the game" in Highlander...don't lose your head

so tomorrow, I hide, and they aint gunna be easy anymore Lucy
And Remember, It's Not About Having What You Want, It's About Wanting What You Have

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:31 pm

I hid 5 caches in my local county park a wile back. I listed 2 on GC.com and the rest on OCUS (should I call it OCNA now?) The 3 physical caches are #1 blue trail #2 red trail and #3 green trail (the OCNA one),any way I listed the corrds to to green trail in the first 2 I hid on GC.com. I have a a few hits on the green trail by people that didnt know about the site. A local friend is out with a group from the local college and she is promoting the OCNA site along with using Twitter. I am on Twitter @Bschollard I think every little bit helps.

NativTxn
Site Admin

Post by NativTxn » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:25 pm

Don't forget that you can add the OCNA logo bubble to your profile picture on Facebook and Twitter to help support this site. http://www.picbadges.com/opencaching-us/2206224/
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

Contra1971

Post by Contra1971 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:17 am

we need more members in SA, I have only 1 cache to find, and it is on the other side of town from, kinda, I will go there as soon as I get a chance but been busy

I don't cache with anyone here in SA so don't know anyone here who caches I will continue to hide caches so it will intice more people to get active, we need advertising kinda like youtube videos of people caching
And Remember, It's Not About Having What You Want, It's About Wanting What You Have

NativTxn
Site Admin

Post by NativTxn » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:19 am

Contra1971, if you're on Facebook or Yahoo Groups, look up Central Texas Geocachers. There are a bunch of people around Austin on it and there are several cachers around SA, too (number one on the top of my mental list is Mrs. Captain Picard). Introduce yourself and feel free to mention your new OCNA caches. If you make it over to Bryan/College Station/Snook/Somerville/Brenham area, look me up. Do a search for about 50 miles from zip 77878 and see what we have set up for your caching pleasure. :)
Image Image Image
My Website

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:20 am

NativTxn wrote:Don't forget that you can add the OCNA logo bubble to your profile picture on Facebook and Twitter to help support this site. http://www.picbadges.com/opencaching-us/2206224/
I did have it on my twitter pic but its now Hockey Season and nothing can blemish the image of my beloved Buffalo Sabres :lol:

Coffee Peddlers
Site Admin

Post by Coffee Peddlers » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:55 pm

Sabrefan7 wrote:
NativTxn wrote:Don't forget that you can add the OCNA logo bubble to your profile picture on Facebook and Twitter to help support this site. http://www.picbadges.com/opencaching-us/2206224/
I did have it on my twitter pic but its now Hockey Season and nothing can blemish the image of my beloved Buffalo Sabres :lol:
Except when my beloved Leafs roll across the border ;)
Cheers
CP
Tackling Ontario's hiking trails one step at a time and now invading Michigan Trails as well.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:08 pm

C-A-P-S...Caps! Caps! Caps!
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

NativTxn
Site Admin

Post by NativTxn » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:59 am

I used the logo and had a cap made at VistaPrint for one of my freebies from the emails they always send me. I've had more made up and gave them as door prizes at some of our local events. I have a t-shirt in the makings right now. :)
Image Image Image
My Website

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:46 pm

NativTxn wrote:I used the logo and had a cap made at VistaPrint for one of my freebies from the emails they always send me. I've had more made up and gave them as door prizes at some of our local events. I have a t-shirt in the makings right now. :)
Pics?
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image