Promoting OpenCaching US

About the Opencaching Site
NativTxn
Site Admin
Re: Promoting OpenCaching US

Post by NativTxn » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:09 pm

I attached pix of both of the items. I've made business sized magnets (great for placing in ammo cans) and other items as well.
OCUS hat.png
OCUS Hat
OCUS hat.png (106.77KiB)Viewed 7767 times
OCUS Shirt.png
OCUS Shirt
OCUS Shirt.png (146.98KiB)Viewed 7767 times
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

Coffee Peddlers
Site Admin

Post by Coffee Peddlers » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:29 pm

NativTxn is send you a PM, but I'll add a coles notes version here.

One of (the many) things I would like to do moving forward is to have a Opencaching merchandise inventory. This was brought up in the early days of the site and cause of restrictions it was not practicable at the time. Now it is. I am able to store and ship from my home.
Cheers
CP
Tackling Ontario's hiking trails one step at a time and now invading Michigan Trails as well.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:20 pm

Cafe Press is another option.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

NativTxn
Site Admin

Post by NativTxn » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:15 pm

Thnaks, DG, for highlighting OCNA caches on G+ and Facebook (and including one of mine). Every bit of exposure helps. :)
Image Image Image
My Website

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:25 pm

I've just posted the following on my local Maryland and Northern Virginia caching forums. I thought that some of you, in certain regions, might find this a good way to promote the site in your area.
DudleyGrunt wrote:For those who haven't looked for a while, below is a map of the OCUS caches in the Baltimore / Washington area.

Within 150 miles of Laurel, MD (approx the center of the map), there are now 100 OCUS hides - at least 83 of these are unique to the site.

I invite you to sign up and seek these caches. No need to jump ship. I actively seek caches on five caching sites, now. If you find an OCUS cache you plan to seek, there will be links on the cache page to find nearby caches on other sites, including geocaching.com.

So far, between DC, MD, VA & DE, there are caches hidden by the following cachers you may know...

CrazySanMan, CycleAngela, czar7, donbadabon, DudleyGrunt, flyingmoose, Mother Wolf, networkcacher, Pirate Rat, rob3k, TheLostDogs
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

NativTxn
Site Admin

Post by NativTxn » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:09 pm

Check out my new SigMarx and Replicoins from GxProxy. The GeoKrety and Opencaching.US are now stock images that anyone can use on their engraved items.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/F ... directlink
Image Image Image
My Website

Coffee Peddlers
Site Admin

Post by Coffee Peddlers » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:58 am

Looking good!!
Cheers
CP
Tackling Ontario's hiking trails one step at a time and now invading Michigan Trails as well.

frozen buns

Post by frozen buns » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:13 pm

Yep, we (GxPROXY.com) have now added both logos to our options list and they are available on ANY item ordered. The Repicoins are $3.50 if you furnish a GeoKrety number or other. We are trying to promote ALL forms including Munzee. We have items available to the World as we have a number of cachers in Germany and Australia that even have stores for cachers.

If there is ever an item that you would like to see added - email us with the suggestion. We will be adding the Tick Key remover with ALL Logos later this week.

Thanks for asking and pushing us Debbie. LOVE your new items and so glad we could help.. :D :D :D

NativTxn
Site Admin

Post by NativTxn » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:45 am

I think I will want to try a couple of the Mighty Megas with the OCUS logo on them to give as door prizes in upcoming Events. Those are super cool cache containers! GxProxy has the photos up of the new designs on the SigMarx Super Deal page. http://www.shop.gxproxy.com/SigMarx-Sup ... 000020.htm. Look at the center picture and click to enlarge it to see the details.

OK, Beverly...I know you're busy getting ready for Geocoin Fest...but it's DENISE, not DEBBIE. (That's my evil twin). :D
Last edited by NativTxn on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
My Website

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:19 pm

I talked to TheBadCop earlier, this evening, for a short "year in review" interview about OpenCaching North America for the Caching in the NorthWest podcast.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image