GPX of ALL Owed Caches

About the Opencaching Site
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
GPX of ALL Owed Caches

Post by DudleyGrunt » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:17 am

I'm in the process of trying to confirm all my hides. Starting with my local ones, of course.

I downloaded a GPX file of my hides and imported it into c:geo.

Last Sunday, I went out and was able to locate some of my Bit Caches, but it was a little iffy. I think I had to go back and forth between my saved database and a live map (with only OCNA active in the app), but today I'm having issues with that.

I uploaded that GPX file into GSAK and see that it doesn't include the Bit or Guestbook caches. Understand there is some ongoing issues with these types, but is there a way to get a GPX file that will include these?

From what I can tell, I could only see the Bits when I was using live mode, but that doesn't seem to work, today. Has there been any recent work behind the scenes that might be affecting this?

Thanks and Happy Trails!
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: GPX of ALL Owed Caches

Post by DudleyGrunt » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:31 am

For now, I just manually downloaded the individual GPX files and imported to GSAK and c:geo. And I don't think I actually own any Guestbooks, anymore, after converting them to Virtuals recently. I wasn't sure I'd done them all or now.

I plan to convert the Bit on my vehicle to an Own once the issue with editing Owns is resolved, but will keep the other Bits active as long as they survive in the wild.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Re: GPX of ALL Owed Caches

Post by TermiteHunter » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:10 pm

There is little to no ongoing work on our issues that I am aware of. It pops up now and then, mostly from Andrei for short bursts that generally don't get resolved before being set aside. BE is closer to the development crew and may have more current information.
They are more concerned with the big and small issues at their own sites and we are just a thorn with too many alternative desires.