Amazon Store

Have an idea for the site? Share it here.
NativTxn
Site Admin
Amazon Store

Post by NativTxn » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:49 am

I had a thought...how about setting up an Amazon Store for OCNA? I know I've seen different places that have a specific LINK to use. Anytime someone places an order at Amazon using that link, the organization gets a little bit of the proceeds. I'm not sure how this is set up, but Podcacher used to have one of these links until California changed their laws where it's not allowed anymore. You can place several recommended items, but people can order ANYTHING and still support the organization.
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

RVRoadTrip
Site Admin

Re: Amazon Store

Post by RVRoadTrip » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:53 pm

Since inception of the site, across the top of each page is the word "SHOP". It goes to the OCUS Amazon store. There has yet to be a single sale.

NativTxn
Site Admin

Post by NativTxn » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:43 pm

But isn't there a link we can use where we can purchase ANYTHING from Amazon and have the proceeds go to OCNA? I used to have a link to the Podcacher store (which just took me to a regular Amazon page, but with their ID on it) and I just used that as a button on my toolbar. Anytime I did anything on Amazon, it automatically helped them out. I order lots of things for work and many of those items don't fit the categories listed on the Store page.

We also need more items added to the Store page. Business card size laminating pouches (great for BIT caches), more bison tubes, waterproof containers, UV lights. Travel Bugs can't be used in OCNA caches, so I'm not sure why they are included.
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

RVRoadTrip
Site Admin

Post by RVRoadTrip » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:12 pm

CP will need to create a new store as this one is linked to my personal account which also is my RVRoadTrip store. Now that store rakes it in... :)

Coffee Peddlers
Site Admin

Post by Coffee Peddlers » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:06 am

I"ll add that to the To-Do list :)
Cheers
CP
Tackling Ontario's hiking trails one step at a time and now invading Michigan Trails as well.