Have you seen a guy with a rifle?

Unusual experiences on the trail while Geocaching
TermiteHunter
Site Admin
Have you seen a guy with a rifle?

Post by TermiteHunter » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:25 pm

While replacing one of my more difficult cache placements in a local park I noticed a City Cop slowly driving on the park entrance road. I walked through the woods to greet him and let him know what I was doing. "Oh they do that here too?" was the only cache related discussion. Apparently a driver had called in that there was a young man walking up the nearby main road with a rifle strapped over his shoulder and he was looking for this guy. That has been my only encounter with a LEO.

I have received logs for some of my caches that involved the seeker of the cache hearing what they thought were gunshots and then being told to move along by officers a short time later. Unfortunately for me these tend to be from caches that I placed very near to home but then I do live "up in the hood" now. Wasn't that way when I moved here but it seems to be now.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: Have you seen a guy with a rifle?

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:04 pm

Your only LEO encounter? Wow. I've had several. None very negative. The worst was with a security guard for a power company in Philly. We weren't even on their property, but on a public river walk type area and he cam down barking at us that we needed to leave. I was tempted and maybe even started to get into it with him, but that would just cut into our caching time.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image