Win a Magellan eXplorist GC

Geocaching Hardware Discussion
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
Win a Magellan eXplorist GC

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:12 am

Want to win a handheld GPS? The Podcacher geocaching podcast is giving away a Magellan eXplorist GC GPS. Go to the following link & enter by 10/5. All you need to do is fill out a simple form for your chance to wind. There will be a field to fill in the name of the person who referred you. If you enter me, I'll get extra entry in the contest.

http://www.podcacher.com/exp
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: Win a Magellan eXplorist GC

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:40 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:Want to win a handheld GPS? The Podcacher geocaching podcast is giving away a Magellan eXplorist GC GPS. Go to the following link & enter by 10/5. All you need to do is fill out a simple form for your chance to wind. There will be a field to fill in the name of the person who referred you. If you enter me, I'll get extra entry in the contest.

http://www.podcacher.com/exp
OK, I did it, and used your name. I already have one, but what the heck, I'd take another. I've seen you can "root" it (like you can take a Kindle or Nook and "root" them to convert them to an Android Tablet), and turn it into an Explorist 310. I'd like to have a spare before doing that. :mrgreen:
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:20 pm

Well, I hope you win this thing DG!! Big news for the Explorist GC. It came out in 2010, and from day one, you could only have a standard "Worldwide base map". That's it, that's what you get, and you can't change it. The new Firmware upgrade, which is imminent, but no date set, will allow you to load topographic maps (both Summit Series & Nat Geo) as well as Digital Globe maps. Amazing, I can't wait.
ImageImage

wd1j

Post by wd1j » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:42 am

@Mr. Yuck That sound good as I have one of these units. So far I like it but, the Firmware upgrade sounds interesting.
It's all about the thrill of the hunt.

glorkar

Post by glorkar » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:04 pm

Bummer. Wish I would have seen this sooner. My Garmin eMap is an antique!
Opencaching.us Global Moderator
"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane"

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:23 am

Thanks to all who referenced me in Podcacher's contest! I did not win the Magellan, but I was chosen as a runner-up to win a prize from the Podcacher "Prize Vault". They mentioned that "quite a number" of people had listed me in their entries.

Good news is that they will be giving away another Magellan Explorist GC in November.

Again, Thanks and Happy Trails!
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image