Pathtags

GeoKrety, GeoFish, GeoCoins, Travel Bugs, etc.
glorkar
Pathtags

Post by glorkar » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:45 pm

Not really trackable, but not sure where else this would fit. Anybody collect them? Anybody ever get one of their own made? I'd like to get my own, but it's hard to justify spending $100 on something I'm just going to give away.
Opencaching.us Global Moderator
"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane"

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: Pathtags

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:38 pm

I have. Don't give them all away. The PT site is well designed for trading among members. Once you get them and mark them available for trade, you'll get plenty of offers.

My first, based on the American Revolutionary era Gadsden Flag.

I'm out of these for now and am considering one of a couple designs - either another AR era flag (the Liberty Tree) or one based on my MD Flag design used in my avatar (Calvert Cross over the Baltimore colors). I used my crude graphics abilities to put that together.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

The Searchers

Post by The Searchers » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:52 pm

We have had them for about a year and trade as well as leave some to find in a special cache. We made lots of trades at West Bend Cache Ba$h and made some friends by doing this. They are trackable on Pathtag web site with a map and they have lots of other features on the site. We met some people who have 6 or more designs. Lots of fun looking at them in plaques on the wall. Well worth the investment for the fun we have had and friends we have made. Most trackable coins and bugs we have went missing anyway and they are more expensive to replace.
The Searchers

lbiislander

Post by lbiislander » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:39 pm

Found my first Pathtag a few days ago and it led me here. No OC caches near me, yet. I also can't justify spending $100 on tags to trade away. What kind of wall placque holds them anyway?

glorkar

Post by glorkar » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:39 pm

Not really sure what sort of racks hold them either. I put mine in coin holders. The quarter size ones work perfect.
Opencaching.us Global Moderator
"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane"

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:15 pm

I also use the quarter holders. I use the white cardboard holders, staple them closed and put them in the 3-ring binder holders meant for them. I get these at a local coin shop.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

The Searchers

Post by The Searchers » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:25 pm

I make and sell oak Pathtag wall plaques that hold 24 and they can be placed in the correct orientation since lots of Pathtags have the hanging holes in an odd spot. If anyone is interested let me know.
The Searchers

NativTxn
Site Admin

Post by NativTxn » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:37 pm

I think it's nice that you can talk about Pathtags on this network without getting slammed like on GC. :)
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

The Searchers

Post by The Searchers » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:22 pm

We have been making and selling Pathtag Displays for several years and it was suggested that we offer these for sale here.
The standard wall display is 5" x 7 1/4" and holds 24 tags.The tags mount in a reccess and can be positioned in the correct orientation for the design. They are easily removed and replaced.
We have in stock Philippine Mahogany/Lauan, Oak and Cherry(very limited) woods. All have a Danish Oil finish and wall hanger.
These are priced at $11.00 each plus shipping. Shipping by Priority Mail is $5.00 for 1 or 2 displays.
We also make custom displays on special order. Special wood,finish or sizes are available.
Please contact us to order or to have a custom one made for you.

The Searchers

Pictures are Phillipine Mahogany/Lauan, Oak, Cherry.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:28 am

The Searchers wrote:We have been making and selling Pathtag Displays for several years and it was suggested that we offer these for sale here.
The standard wall display is 5" x 7 1/4" and holds 24 tags.The tags mount in a reccess and can be positioned in the correct orientation for the design. They are easily removed and replaced.
We have in stock Philippine Mahogany/Lauan, Oak and Cherry(very limited) woods. All have a Danish Oil finish and wall hanger.
These are priced at $11.00 each plus shipping. Shipping by Priority Mail is $5.00 for 1 or 2 displays.
We also make custom displays on special order. Special wood,finish or sizes are available.
Please contact us to order or to have a custom one made for you.

The Searchers

Pictures are Phillipine Mahogany/Lauan, Oak, Cherry.

I was going through the forum looking for old spam that got by us in the past (because I really, really, hate spam). I thought this thread was worth a bump, these sound really nice. The images are not showing up though. But if you reply to this post, you see they (used to be) hosted at terracaching.eu.
ImageImage