Finally...warm weather!

General Information About Geocaching
glorkar
Finally...warm weather!

Post by glorkar » Fri May 06, 2011 6:37 pm

I don't know about the rest of you, but it's finally warm here in Wisconsin. We've even had more than one warm day in a row :) I've finally gotten out and found some caches. I sort of locked myself away during winter, but I definitely plan to make up for it this spring/summer! I'm going to make it my mission to get all of the OCUS caches in the state. There's only a handful, so it shouldn't be too difficult :p
Opencaching.us Global Moderator
"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane"

RVRoadTrip
Site Admin

Re: Finally...warm weather!

Post by RVRoadTrip » Fri May 06, 2011 7:08 pm

It's been in the 90s here in South Texas for a few months now...

glorkar

Post by glorkar » Sat May 07, 2011 1:22 am

Ugh, that just sounds uncomfortable. Low 70's is about my limit. Some of us northern folk can't take the heat!
Opencaching.us Global Moderator
"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane"

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Sat May 07, 2011 10:02 am

Its been finally getting nice in WNY too. Unfortunately the farmers are a month behind. 90 in Texas?!?! that would kill me LOL My deck got covered with snow on April 17th Take that Texas :lol:

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sat May 07, 2011 11:26 pm

Yeah, my furnace just died today!! I shouldn't need it in May, but I still do at night and in the morning. But I have a gas fireplace I'm going to roll with, and I figure I have a nice 4 month window that I can call my furnace guy over in (if he's not too busy with air conditioning stuff). But yes, it is indeed getting nicer out. And traffic is really picking up at this website, if you've looked at the "latest logs" link on the main page.
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Sun May 08, 2011 4:20 pm

We've generally been having good weather, for a bit.

Yesterday, however, was the culmination of the official start of Spring in Maryland. Yesterday was the Cache Across Maryland 2011 picnic. CAM is a special, annual event in Maryland that tends to mark the unofficial start of the caching season. 10 new caches are hidden from one end of the state to the other. The caches are not published on GC.com, until the day of the picnic, so you need to register and get the cache info from the Maryland Geocaching Society (MGS). Starting sometime in March, you get about 6 weeks to find them all and collect codes from each that will eventually allow you to determine the location of the picnic in early May. You need to have found all 10 caches and deciphered the location, in order to submit an "Attended" log on the picnic (assuming you did attend). MGS has gotten rare permission from Groundspeak to host this event that is not, technically, open to all. Folks can bring guests, but they aren't really supposed to log the event.

We had about 175 or so folks (by cache name) find all the CAM 2011 caches and receive the special CAM geocoin. The whole thing is a great event and attracts folks from neighboring states.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image