Lyrical Locations (Interstate) Cache Series

General Information About Geocaching
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
Lyrical Locations (Interstate) Cache Series

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu May 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Since these may not show up in your notification range, I thought I'd share a bit about a series of caches I am working on.

Each cache in the Lyrical Location series will be based in a specific location that is referenced in a popular song AND is strongly associated with the song and not necessarily widely know, otherwise.

So far, I have the following four:

Lyrical Location #1 - Kansas City (Here I Come) (MO)
Lyrical Location #2 - City of New Orleans (IL)
Lyrical Location #3 - Alice's Restaurant Massacree (MA)
Lyrical Location #4 - Starkville City Jail (MS)

I do have others in mind, but I'm open to suggestions, if anyone has a song they think might work.

It needs to be a fairly well known song and a specific location that is necessarily well-known in it's own right.

I've not been to any of these places, myself, so am only able to require a photo. If anyone lives near any of these and would like to 1) claim it and 2) gather some obscure info that could be used as a Log Password, I'd award "extra points" for your find.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: Lyrical Locations (Interstate) Cache Series

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu May 12, 2011 6:18 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:Since these may not show up in your notification range, I thought I'd share a bit about a series of caches I am working on.

Each cache in the Lyrical Location series will be based in a specific location that is referenced in a popular song AND is strongly associated with the song and not necessarily widely know, otherwise.

So far, I have the following four:

Lyrical Location #1 - Kansas City (Here I Come) (MO)
Lyrical Location #2 - City of New Orleans (IL)
Lyrical Location #3 - Alice's Restaurant Massacree (MA)
Lyrical Location #4 - Starkville City Jail (MS)

I do have others in mind, but I'm open to suggestions, if anyone has a song they think might work.

It needs to be a fairly well known song and a specific location that is necessarily well-known in it's own right.

I've not been to any of these places, myself, so am only able to require a photo. If anyone lives near any of these and would like to 1) claim it and 2) gather some obscure info that could be used as a Log Password, I'd award "extra points" for your find.
I was going to crack a joke and ask if you were going to let people log a 2nd smiley on the cache page. But I figured I might check that first, and see if it was possible. IT'S NOT!! Good job guy from Poland who programmed the website. :mrgreen:

Not to detract from your thread. I did see one of them show up as one of the newest caches on the main page. Sounds interesting, good luck, and I'll rack my brain and see if I can participate somehow.
ImageImage

GOF

Re: Lyrical Locations (Interstate) Cache Series

Post by GOF » Fri May 13, 2011 5:36 pm

Here ya go Mr. Yuck. Here are two songs for you.

Low Bridge. The Erie Canal song.

Shuffle off to Buffalo.