US Airlines fly more to Cuba

Keep it clean and civil!
joy347F
US Airlines fly more to Cuba

Post by joy347F » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:09 am

More airlines are preparing to fly to Cuba, according to the Wall Street Journal.

With restrictions on travel to the Communist-ruled island loosened earlier this year, four large U.S. airlines - American Airlines, JetBlue, United Continental and Delta Air Lines - will operate about 25 weekly flights to Cuba for charter companies by the end of the year, the report says.

Charter companies estimate about 400,000 Americans will fly to Cuba this year vs. 250,000 last year, the report says. In January, President Obama liberalized travel rules to Cuba for students and religious and cultural groups.

American has been flying to Cuba for two decades. JetBlue arrived last month. United Continental and Delta are resuming weekly service to Cuba after a seven-year hiatus, the report says.
Last edited by Mr.Yuck on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove spam link signature, as this was all the poster was after here.

zstatman

Re: US Airlines fly more to Cuba

Post by zstatman » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:03 pm

Time to expand our opencaching placements

ZStatman
Montana 650
Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro Phone
"It is all in the search!"
Florida, USA

=========================================
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt (anonymous)

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:16 pm

Interesting, but since it doesn't really relate to "Getting Started Geocaching", I've moved it to "Off Topic".
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Coffee Peddlers
Site Admin

Post by Coffee Peddlers » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:39 pm

Since the embargo to Cuba, American's have been flying to Cuba via Canada. We've enjoyed the visits, its too bad we'll be loosing you guys :( But good for Americans since it will be easier to travel there. Being Canadian and born after the missile crisis, the whole anti-Cuba mentality is lost on me. I don't support their way of government and I personally would not travel there, but to each their own.
Cheers
CP
Tackling Ontario's hiking trails one step at a time and now invading Michigan Trails as well.