Hear that?

General Information About Geocaching
NativTxn
Site Admin
Hear that?

Post by NativTxn » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:23 pm

Yeah...me either. Other than the long spammers' posts, it's been quiet around here lately. What's everyone up to? Found any interesting cache locations while out Christmas shopping? Been to an interesting event? Found any cool trackables?
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

glorkar

Re: Hear that?

Post by glorkar » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Unfortunately I've not been able to get out as much as I'd like. The new job is keeping me pretty busy.
Opencaching.us Global Moderator
"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane"

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Since the latter part of October, I've just found on OCNA cache and that was on Saturday. It was a FTF on cycleangela's "Hashawha's Birds of Prey" virtual. Check out my pics for that one.

Yesterday, I logged a GC.com cache by a fellow OCNA user, sfcchaz, called "Challenge of the Multi's". To claim the find, you needed to find 10 Multi Caches after the publication date of the Challenge. With the CO's permission, I used 3 OCNA caches toward my 10. The cache description didn't say all 10 had to be on Groundspeak. Check my log and see if you can spot them. I figured if I posted links or event waypoints, I might get my hand slapped, so I just listed the cache name and the owner.

"Hashawha's Birds of Prey" is one of 4 new OCNA hides listed within 40 miles of home, in the last week or so. I'm looking forward to grabbing the others, including 2 moving caches and one that is part of a multi-site series.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

DJCreekCachers

Post by DJCreekCachers » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:02 am

The wife and I are going on a cruise over Christmas and will be searching for some caches while we are traveling. We have a TB that is in a mileage race and we hope to dip in into some caches for mileage. I did a night cache last month that was a lot of fun. It is located at Caesar Creek State Park in Ohio. This is the second night cache I've found at the park. Otherwise, like many others, I've not had the time to geocache like I would like to. I hope everyone has a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:03 am

Yeah, I haven't been around here too much lately. I was going to make my December 2010 Opencaching holiday event an annual affair, but the sports bar I held it in the first time closed the day before Thanksgiving. Problem is, they said they would call me back about booking the back room, and I waited a week before calling back, and got the girl on the phone to admit they were closing the following week. So the manager was never going to call me back, is what was going on. Hope you can follow all that. :lol: Then I figured it was too late to try to book another place.

So I've decided to have a "welcome spring" type opencaching event instead. Have to keep the Opencaching name out there. I consider my first Opencaching event a rousing success, with 20 attendees, although only 10 accounts logged as attended.

I suppose I could throw out a GeoKrety Hotel this month. I would never promise though it's definitely going to happen. I kind of like the concept, and would be the first new Opencaching NA placement in Western NY since mid summer. As with any traveler hotel, it would be relatively quick and easy, so I think there's a good chance I'll pull the trigger.
ImageImage

obxgeek

Post by obxgeek » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:15 pm

After making 3 FTFs on my November road trip from the DC metro to Seattle I just haven't been able to get out to find the "local" cache. While there are 81 within 100 miles of my home zip the closest are 30+ miles of Northern Virginia traffic away and none of them are anywhere close to my commute so they pretty much require a day trip to get to them to make it worth while.

But I did put out the two moving caches Dudley spoke of. And I just got my new box of Lock-n-lock containers so I hope to get some new ones out a bit farther west of the DC area before the new year.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:55 pm

Cool. Looking forward to those. I may get out Friday for your Moving Caches, but if not, then maybe I'll have more to grab by the time I get out.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

NativTxn
Site Admin

Post by NativTxn » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Mr.Yuck wrote:I suppose I could throw out a GeoKrety Hotel this month. I would never promise though it's definitely going to happen. I kind of like the concept, and would be the first new Opencaching NA placement in Western NY since mid summer. As with any traveler hotel, it would be relatively quick and easy, so I think there's a good chance I'll pull the trigger.
If you do, be sure to use the GeoKret Hotel attribute and send an email to geokrety@gmail.com to let them know you've added a GK Hotel so they can add it to their website listing for them.
Image Image Image
My Website

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:58 pm

I didn't know about that. I'll have to send them my 424 cache.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

NativTxn
Site Admin

Post by NativTxn » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:44 pm

It's listed under Help / Docs on the GeoKrety site. http://geokrety.org/molehole.php
Image Image Image
My Website