August 2014 OpenCachingNA Diversified Cacher Contest

General Information About Geocaching
Mr.Yuck
Site Admin
August 2014 OpenCachingNA Diversified Cacher Contest

Post by Mr.Yuck » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Playing the game? Let us know here! Want to share your adventures playing the game during the month? Maybe keep us up to date on how you're doing? This is the place too.
ImageImage

sfcchaz

Re: August 2014 OpenCachingNA Diversified Cacher Contest

Post by sfcchaz » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:22 pm

I'm in! :D

How did I beat DudleyGrunt in posting on this forum (I'm not an active forum guy)? ;)

Let's have some fun. DG and I have a couple of trips set up outside of our home area since we've cleaned that out long ago.

Cheers,

Chaz
Cheers, sfcchaz

ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:55 pm

I'm playing, of course. And I'm, of course, also just be competing against Mr.Yuck and NativTxn.

Yeah, Chaz, I was a little surprised to see you post.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:29 pm

I will be participating and updating my actions here as well.

Badwolf1197

Post by Badwolf1197 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:26 pm

I am in!

Was going to make a big push this month to level up in Ingress (looks like the one game that doesn't help me here, lol)...but will tackle this challenge instead. Already bagged 2 monsters this morning.

Are the "Beat the Admin Challenges" based on the admins' August numbers...or do we need to beat your career to date numbers?

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:46 pm

Badwolf1197 wrote:I am in!

Was going to make a big push this month to level up in Ingress (looks like the one game that doesn't help me here, lol)...but will tackle this challenge instead. Already bagged 2 monsters this morning.

Are the "Beat the Admin Challenges" based on the admins' August numbers...or do we need to beat your career to date numbers?
No, just the August numbers. And I captured two Monsters myself. Need to buy some more nets. You're going to need more after 5 captures, but they're pretty darn cheap. If you really like it, you can buy lifetime nets for $18, but even I haven't done that yet. Probably will some day.
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:38 pm

TermiteHunter wrote:I will be participating and updating my actions here as well.
Thank you! We have at least one other player so far from Charlotte, who has submitted a new cache listing today, and I have seen from the mail logs that the notification for that new cache went out to all the locals. I'm watching the mail logs because of the ongoing email delivery problems, which have seem to have gotten worse, not better, since we tried to send out an email bulletin to 10,000+ members last night, but that's besides the point, and we're working on it. :mrgreen: We hope most, if not all of the players from your successful local Charlotte contest in May and June will try this one.

By they way, I'm up to 3 monsters captured on MonsterCache, and have purchased more nets. We'll have to get some sort of updated "beat the admins" leaderboard up.
ImageImage

DisneyScout

Post by DisneyScout » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:51 am

I'm in. :)
I've captured 5 monsters so far. ;) I've also sighted 2 Sighters and captured 10 Munzees. Still trying to figure out how to use GPSgames on my phone and didn't have any luck with traditional caching yesterday. The one cache I did finally find wasn't on OCNA. :o :( I'm at the beach this weekend and I haven't seen OCNA caches in the area, but I will check again.
Kim

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:09 pm

Welcome to contest! GPSgames probably won't be that great on your phone. There is no app, so you'll have to use it in the browser and maybe manually enter the coords into your caching app of choice.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

DisneyScout

Post by DisneyScout » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:13 pm

Two more Munzees today. Also learned my phone was set to battery saving lower accuracy location. Not good for geocaching. ;)