August 2014 OpenCachingNA Diversified Cacher Contest

General Information About Geocaching
Badwolf1197
Re: August 2014 OpenCachingNA Diversified Cacher Contest

Post by Badwolf1197 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:05 pm

After catching a few monsters when I first started last month, I went ahead and purchased the lifetime nets and whatever number of coins that came with it. Bought binoculars...so have nothing else to buy with my coins, lol.

Grabbed some coords for a virt and a guest book cache while on vacation, so should be seeing those up as soon as I get back home to a computer. Have plenty of munzee ready for deploy and will try my hand at sighter, so on my way to my first 100 points!

DisneyScout

Post by DisneyScout » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:50 am

There may not have been any caches where I was on vacation, but there sure were a lot of Munzees! 138 Munzees, 6 Sighters, and 7 Monsters. I'm closing in on 100 points!

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:29 am

Including the event I am hosting on the 17th, I'm looking at 135 points* after grabbing a couple of OCNA caches with sfcchaz on Saturday, creating one Sight and capping 509 Virtual Munzees in Washington, DC on Sunday. Looking forward to our trip up to Elizabeth, NJ and surrounding areas on Saturday.

*I'm only competing against Mr.Yuck and NativTxn in a friendly admins challenge.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

DisneyScout

Post by DisneyScout » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:53 am

DudleyGrunt wrote:*I'm only competing against Mr.Yuck and NativTxn in a friendly admins challenge.
But aren't the rest of us competing against the admins?

Is there any way for us to track what the current level the admins are for each of their admin challenges or do we just find as many things as we can and hope we beat you?

DisneyScout

Post by DisneyScout » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:39 pm

I have a question. It's August 4th. I have 240 Munzee captures so far and am probably not going to slow down any time soon. What happens if I get say 600 Munzees? Do I get the 100 points, plus an additional 25 points? (500 Munzees = 100 points, 100 Munzees = 25 points)

DisneyScout

Post by DisneyScout » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:46 pm

Me again. (BTW, I'm on forums a lot.) What if one of our cache finds qualifies as more than one thing? For example, I just logged WTF BIT Harmons Park - OU075C (I think I'm a first to find. Yeah me!) It is a BIT Cache, but it's also has a poisonous plant attribute. Do I get points for both?

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:13 pm

No questions from me.

I just got my first few monsters. In up to 8i think. Also ready to log my first geocaching Australia cache. Just waiting on my confirmation of membership

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:18 pm

DisneyScout wrote:Me again. (BTW, I'm on forums a lot.) What if one of our cache finds qualifies as more than one thing? For example, I just logged WTF BIT Harmons Park - OU075C (I think I'm a first to find. Yeah me!) It is a BIT Cache, but it's also has a poisonous plant attribute. Do I get points for both?
No, just the Poison Plant attribute one. (Or any of the attribute ones). That was our vision from day one, sorry if we didn't explain it too well. :mrgreen:

EDITING: I'm not even clear here, am I? :o How's this: A find on an OCNA cache can only be used for one action.

Actually, "can only be used in one category" sounds better, but we chose to call them actions.
ImageImage

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:19 pm

I'm half way there already.
8 monster caches
13 Munzees
My first Geocaching AU

But I have a question... How do you log / Find a Sighter
I went to two today, got to the "HOT", found the sight, took the pic and uploaded (I think)
but have no "finds"
The Help section and app give little information about how to complete the task other than take a pic to verify.

Can some one explain the steps to perform once you are at the sight?

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:23 pm

I have 6 monsters captured, and yes, we really should have a leaderboard, or I was thinking to just keep people updated in this thread. And if you ever need to do the math, I had 75 monsters captured before the contest.
ImageImage