August 2014 OpenCachingNA Diversified Cacher Contest

General Information About Geocaching
Mr.Yuck
Site Admin
Re: August 2014 OpenCachingNA Diversified Cacher Contest

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:45 am

I'm on a 3 day mini vacation, and am up to 18 Monsters captured. I can see a little binge here, but I really don't expect to go much over 50 for the month. Captured only my 2nd treasure chest ever today, and it had 17 Monster coins in it.
ImageImage

GoinPostNet

Post by GoinPostNet » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:49 am

Mr.Yuck wrote:
GoinPostNet wrote:I've been having fun capturing monsters over the past two weeks. Not sure exactly what the requirements are to reach the next level. I just made level 6 today, but there is a player with 28 fewer captures on level 7...very strange! Anyway, I'm shooting for 200 pts by the end of the month!
Thanks for posting! On the app, go to your profile. You see the little orange square with an arrowhead inside of it in the upper left hand corner? Click on that little arrowhead, and it will tell you your requirements and progress for the next level. Basically, you have to capture X number of monsters whose level is the same as you are at to advance.
Thanks for the great info! Now I can target the one's that will level me up!

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:34 pm

Up to 26 Monsters captured for the month! Actually did nail 2 or 3 lower level ones at 74 MPH on the Interstate. Don't know if that only applies to lower level ones, and they're easier to capture, but it seems like it to me.
ImageImage

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:33 pm

I need to have a surge here and get over that first 100 points and start pushing for the second hundred.

A little hard to make the OCNA attribute finds since I hid most of the ones in my area and picked off the new virtuals during the previous contest.

Out of free nets for the monsters. Few Alternative site hides or locations in the area limit that option

Guess I need to hide a few to get over the hump.

DisneyScout

Post by DisneyScout » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:09 am

TermiteHunter wrote:I need to have a surge here and get over that first 100 points and start pushing for the second hundred.

A little hard to make the OCNA attribute finds since I hid most of the ones in my area and picked off the new virtuals during the previous contest.

Out of free nets for the monsters. Few Alternative site hides or locations in the area limit that option

Guess I need to hide a few to get over the hump.
Have you checked for Sighter in your area? They are really easy to create if there aren't many in your area.

I did a locationless cache from the Australian opencaching website. There are LOTS of them. The one I did was find a place local to me that showed a flood level gauge.

Keep an eye out for treasure chests on Monster Cache. I've found 6 or so and they range from 7 coins to 23 coins.

Munzees?

You can do it!

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:57 pm

I'll get there.
I'll have to watch for the chest s. Done one AU locationless just need to pick out some more to work on. As for sighter I just submitted one today all the rest have been created for this contest and I've found the nearest

I'm working on it. Thanks for the ideas

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:33 am

I don't remember the treasure chests appearing until I advanced a few levels. I can ask for clarification from the creator if you like.
ImageImage

GoinPostNet

Post by GoinPostNet » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:40 am

Mr.Yuck wrote:I don't remember the treasure chests appearing until I advanced a few levels. I can ask for clarification from the creator if you like.
I noticed that the treasure chests began appearing at level 4.

DisneyScout

Post by DisneyScout » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:35 pm

Made some good progress today. Hit 500+ Munzees. Leveled up to level 10 on Monster Cache. Found at least 4 more Sighters (my profile isn't updating on my phone though) As I was updating my score sheet I realized I was counting BIT Caches I've found as Traditional Caches, so my numbers were off. Why are BIT Caches worth more points than a traditional cache? I'm not complaining, just curious. Are they supposed to be harder to find?

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:05 pm

GoinPostNet wrote:
Mr.Yuck wrote:I don't remember the treasure chests appearing until I advanced a few levels. I can ask for clarification from the creator if you like.
I noticed that the treasure chests began appearing at level 4.
And I am only level 2 so that may not be an option. I'll fire it up occasionally and take a look for them but I am not going to rely on them.
added another Sighter location today. Maybe time for some real cache placement.