Diversified Cacher Progress Report

General Information About Geocaching
DisneyScout
Re: Diversified Cacher Progress Report

Post by DisneyScout » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:10 pm

Mr.Yuck wrote:OK, I admit that was confusing. DG got 37 total created/found. I will add all our stuff to the main page of the site tonight.

I got a total of 375 points. I don't count though. And I figured it out after the deadline, because I can do that. :D
So, if we created/found more than 37, will our point totals be adjusted for us? I don't think that knocks me into a higher entry, so it doesn't really matter. Just curiosity mainly. ;)

Kim

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:29 pm

DisneyScout wrote:
Mr.Yuck wrote:OK, I admit that was confusing. DG got 37 total created/found. I will add all our stuff to the main page of the site tonight.

I got a total of 375 points. I don't count though. And I figured it out after the deadline, because I can do that. :D
So, if we created/found more than 37, will our point totals be adjusted for us? I don't think that knocks me into a higher entry, so it doesn't really matter. Just curiosity mainly. ;)

Kim
Yeah, I've already done it myself for a few people while verifying scores. And for the Beat NT on Munzees captured thing too.
ImageImage

nighthawk700

Post by nighthawk700 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:00 pm

Mr.Yuck wrote:
nighthawk700 wrote:Nighthawk700 (finished as of 8/31)

Find a sight on Sighter: 10 = 50 pts
Create a sight on Sighter: 31 = 155 pts
OK, I admit that was confusing. DG got 37 total created/found. I will add all our stuff to the main page of the site tonight.
Whoo hoo!! I beat DG!! :-) That trip to Manhattan helped. Of course, like "Who's line is it anyway" the points don't really matter. My wife kept asking why I was taking a picture of this or that thing.

Thanks for the updates, I'll keep checking back occasionally.

DisneyScout

Post by DisneyScout » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:28 am

Mr.Yuck wrote:Yeah, I've already done it myself for a few people while verifying scores. And for the Beat NT on Munzees captured thing too.
Cool. Thanks!

How do we find other geocaching contests? I've seen some mention in other threads about other contests people have participated in. Is there a thread somewhere that could list all of them?

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:19 pm

DisneyScout wrote:
Mr.Yuck wrote:Yeah, I've already done it myself for a few people while verifying scores. And for the Beat NT on Munzees captured thing too.
Cool. Thanks!

How do we find other geocaching contests? I've seen some mention in other threads about other contests people have participated in. Is there a thread somewhere that could list all of them?
Sorry, didn't see this. They (the contests) are pretty rare. NativTxn ran a couple in I think 2011 and 2012. I'm not sure if she was an admin not, or just a regular user. But it was definitely *her* contest, not run by the website. TermiteHunter had a local contest in Charlotte that ran for two months that was similar, but not as many tasks. Even though we had tentative plans for doing one, his was a real inspiration, and got us off our butts to make it happen. They have other contests in their local forum there, he just hosted an "alternative to the frog" contest.

Other than that, I don't know. I'm pretty sure Terracaching.com has run some contests, but DudleyGrunt would be the authority on that. Sighter has run a few (keeping in mind they're only about a year old) but I haven't seen where they gave away more than a T-Shirt or two.

You could say Geocaching.com runs contests. If earning souvenirs is the prize. :mrgreen:
ImageImage

DisneyScout

Post by DisneyScout » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:58 pm

I'll stay here. Thank you. :) Now to just get the Boy Scouts to rewrite the merit badge book to not be so specific to Groundspeak.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:36 am

DisneyScout wrote:I'll stay here. Thank you. :) Now to just get the Boy Scouts to rewrite the merit badge book to not be so specific to Groundspeak.
Amen.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:35 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:
DisneyScout wrote:I'll stay here. Thank you. :) Now to just get the Boy Scouts to rewrite the merit badge book to not be so specific to Groundspeak.
Amen.
Would be nice, but will probably never happen. We could actually lobby them in some sort of official capacity. Even get together with Cash from Terracaching. We'll add that to the list of like 10 other things to do that I haven't touched since the planning for the contest started in July. Like the Hank The Hawk mascot, among other things. :mrgreen:

Oh, and eventually we'll have to start real blogging again. Starting with that Nature preserve you mentioned via email today, DG. Consider that my official acknowledgement of that one, great idea.
ImageImage