New guy here, introduction

New to geocaching? Get help here!
leifrthelucky
New guy here, introduction

Post by leifrthelucky » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:17 pm

Hello,

After reading stories online for ages about Geocaching I've finally decided to give it a try myself! I'm a guy, 26, in the Columbus OH area, geocaching with a friend. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can find! :D

Bon Echo
Site Admin

Re: New guy here, introduction

Post by Bon Echo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:36 pm

Hello and welcome to opencaching. As you might have figured out, the activity on our forum is pretty much non-existent but glad you posted (just me making excuses for taking nearly a week to see your message)
You might also notice that our website has more than a few glitches, but work has been happening behind the scenes and we hope to see a new website rolled out at some point in the year.
In the meantime I recommend that you use Flopp's Map search for nearby opencaches - https://www.flopp-caching.de/ and check the box that says " Geocaches (Opencaching)" on the right hand side. Search for your city and then scroll out to see the nearest opencaches around Dayton.
Hey, you are not too far from a Dead Drop cache, that is the rarest cache type on OCNA (and one that might be lost with the new website)
http://www.opencaching.us/viewcache.php?wp=OU0568
Happy caching and if you have any questions post here and I will get a notification.
- Bon Echo

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:45 pm

Wow, That Flopps map is nice. Didn't know about it before you posted.
And OC gets a prime button unlike the other services that are buried a little deeper.

CarlbroPA

Post by CarlbroPA » Wed May 08, 2019 5:08 pm

Hello from another new guy. My wife and I live in western PA and hope to see more caches in western PA and eastern OH.

To all you newbie geocachers out there, be daring and post a little bit about yourself and what you want to get out of this.

Have fun!

Carl